Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Moving Xara Projects

Hi,
    I got a new computer for design. I am trying to get my site moved so I can work on it. I copied the files over in the folder but I can not open the navbars or anything. I can open it and save it as a project and it is there but I think I am doing something wrong. I still have the old computer if I need to pull anything off of it. And I direct connect to the server that the website is on. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Moving Xara Projects

Hi,

perhaps the item on Xara's Support site called "How do I re-insert my NavBar using Dreamweaver?" is what you're looking for?

You can find it on http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...&nav=0,463,467.

Good luck, Albert

Thanks I have been working on it today. Got out the old workstation exported the registry entry for xara to the new computer and moved all the files over. Got that to work the projects are all there now. But the buttons are grayed out so I can not edit the menus. Getting closer. This is getting to be a real chore. Is there something simple I am missing. I did find out I am editing the files straight to the server so that got set up directly with the mapping of the drives and all. Named the new computer the same as the old one also. Still the same effect. I will check out your suggestion. THANKS.

I don't know Xara Webstyle, but I know how to use the search function of this forum.

Regards,
    Remi

This is sort of what I did by exporting the Xara registry key and importing it into the new computer then setting up the mapped drives on the new computer to the same letters that were on the old one. The projects then fell into place just great but I can not click on any of the buttons on the left when i open the nav bars. The navbar opens but the menu button is gray in fact all but start is gray. So i must still be missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere. The files are all on the server so they should not have to be copied anywhere.
    Thanks again.

I have checked those things in that post and tried all that still same issue.

Ok I finally got it. Thanks everyone for the input. The final solution was to get the templates inplace. Then set the the registry to entry to 0 so the templates downloaded. then reimport the old registry from the other workstation and it is all working. Was able to edit my site once again. I have had a band waiting to get their photo on for a week heh. Thanks again for everyone that helped out.

Liwei
    http://www.chineseinvasion.us

Liwei...

Glad you made it work. I visited your site. It is very interesting and attractive. Even though it is very "busy," and has a lot happening, it is still clean and easy to use.

Good work!
    ---
    Will

Just for the record in case others have the same issue.
    after moving the templates back and the importing the registery settings I had to uninstall Xara and reinstall it to get all the templates to work again. I found this out yesterday when I was just trying to create another site.

Hope this bit of info helps someone else.

Oh yes Glad you liked my site. Hope you like the music on it also.