Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psp Xi

Default Re: Psp Xi

but how do i use the pug-ins once i've downloaded them? i've downloaded a bunch of plug-ins, but i don't know how to add them so that i can use them.
    IP

When you installed PSP XI, there is a default folder created:

C:-Program Files - Corel - Corel Paint Shop Photo XI - PlugIns

If you put all your downloaded plugins in that folder, it should find them by default.

The other option is, from inside PSP, click on File - Preferences - File Locations, then click on Plug-Ins, and browse for the folders where your plugins are actually located.

Either method works.
    IP

i've tried that. it adds them to the list, but i can't access them from there. i am totally PSP illiterate. i need the simplest instructions ever. LOL
    IP

OK...

Here we go. You have the plug-ins in the propery directory, and PSP finds them, right?

If this is the case, when you click on Effects, it shows you not only the built-in ones, but also shows you a Plug-Ins option, and when you move your cursor over this, it then gives you a list of the ones you have installed.

Clickion on one of these, however, does not accomplish anything?

Let me know what plug-ins you are using. If I have them, then I should be able to help more. By the way...Alien Skin 4000 has a wonderful flame plugin!

Check out this flaming pentagram I made using this plug-in:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WM Question 2.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	30819  
    IP

that's awesome! i wanna be able to do things like that.
    when i click on effects, it says that i have no plug-ins loaded. i don't get what i'm doin wrong.
    IP

Let me know which plug-ins you are trying to use. My personal favorites are those from FlamingPear.com (SuperBladePro and others), and Alien Skin 4000 from Xenofex.

The flames are from Alien Skin 4000.

By the way, I am gradually moving from PSP to Xara Xtreme (a vector graphics program), but there is a steep learning curve. A lot of things that I can do in PSP are not easy to figure out, so I doubt I'll ever completely give up on PSP...unless Corel screws it up.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by maranwe View Post
    i just want to be able to add pretty text to my photos and things. but all the fonts i have r very dull.
    There's many free font sites out there where you can download fonts. My favorite site is called dafont.com - go there and look through them, I'm sure you'll find at least one that you like. If you are looking for a specific font that is not there then try googling it.
    IP