Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default loadMovie question (yes again - sorry)

I want to create a database-like exam source, the purpose of which to enable students search and read exams from prior semesters.

I convert the *.doc files to *.swf using flash paper.
    I use the loadMovie command to load each exam into the main flash file.

Question: When I load a flashpaper file, it does not retein the size I want, and is cropped. I want it to be full size (i.e. A4) but the file is much smaller as if clipped. I tried using the _xscale, _yscale properties, but it just makes he file bigger....

How do I make the file load in its original size (full screen A4) ?

The two files are attached.
    Hint: Since its' in Hebrew, the option to load the exam is second button from the right, then first button on the submenu. It should load the attached exam1.swf in the same directory.

Thank you,

Availor.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: loadMovie question (yes again - sorry)

Hi again Availor,

Iv'e never used Flash Paper other than to create a pdf file.

I can't genuinely say what the answer to your problem is but I think it's to do with stage size and print page size.

If you open your file and go Modify / Document then set your document size to "Match Printer" then load all your nav bars to fit this Scene size then this appears to work.

I've never used any of the features (never knew they existed!) but give it a try. I might be completely wrong .... but worth the attempt.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hey Egg thanks for the help,

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I can't genuinely say what the answer to your problem is but I think it's to do with stage size and print page size.

If you open your file and go Modify / Document then set your document size to "Match Printer" then load all your nav bars to fit this Scene size then this appears to work.
    Do you mean in the print settings before I print the swf file? I couldn't find this setting there.
    IP

Availor,

Go Modify / Document then select the Printer option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	227 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	30673  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Oh... it's impossible to do with flashpaper since the swf file is not editable.
    IP

A tip to myself: Never give up!

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpap...paper2_03.html

I knew it has something to do with scripting... I'll edit it to the useful tips and tricks sticky thread
    IP