Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help creating animated gif files!

Hi

i would like to be able to create animated wallpaper for my new mobile. I have found some on the net but having trouble creating my own.
    Software i own are:

Paintshop Pro 8
    Animation Shop 3
    Photoshop 7

If i need any other software then preferably freeware.
    I have attached a gif file of a animated wallpaper. It's this kinda thing i am looking to be able to design myself.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matt.gif 
Views:	304 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	29872  

Default Re: Help creating animated gif files!

Hello Matt, welcome to Talkgraphics.

The animation is a series of pictures placed one after another. If you own animation shop (I assume it is a part of paint shop package) you can see frames, in which you should paste your pictures.

Anyhow, you can use photoshop layers: In each layer put a picture/text you would like to see in your animation (each layer will be each frame). You can export each layer as a jpeg or gif (preferably - takes less space) and name them consequantary 1, 2, 3 etc... Then use Animation shop or any kind of animation package to import those pictures the same order as the frames, so layer 1 will be frame 1 etc... Then you can either publish it as swf or gif, which are two animation extensions.

If you like you can visit www.xara.com and download a trial of Xara/Xara 3D. They both can create framed animation.

You can also see THIS thread which described many freebie applications for you choice.

Regards,

Availor.

Excellent, thank you very much.
    Will let you know how i get on!

Matt

Not sure your version of photoshop has it - but if you have imageready as part of it then I highly recomend you use that as you can reuse the base image and add in the next frame by frame of the image.

Also Paint Shop Pro 8 has Animation shop 3 that does a simular but not as powerful effects to use and manipulate.

Regards Roger