Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Editing logos with Webstyle4

Hi,
    I am using Dreamweaver8 and decided to try out the Webstyle4 logo creation.

The logo generated OK but I have two difficulties.

The first is that when I try to edit the logo DW8 seems to have great difficulty finding the modified .gif file. When it does find it the code is very strange. I have attached two .jpg's showing pieces of code, the first is as returned by DW after the edit; this code contains strange backwards and forward slashes in front of the name of the logo gif (Nikkys_Beads.gif). The time from the save in Webstyle 4 is huge and sometimes DW8 crashes. The logo doen't appear in the design panel, I then get round the problem by editing the code (src and then browse) to the saved .gif so that the code looks like the second .jpg I have posted (replaced.jpg). Also, if DW crashes the returned file is the file pre-edit.

The second problem I have is that I have difficulty finding the approriate saved .gif - where is Webstyle4 supposed to store the files - I don't understand the idea of the project files as I would have thought that the best place to put the files is in the folder used by DW. But I don't appear to have the opportunity to direct the files to this directory!

Seems that the programme is a bit flaky - or am I doing something wrong?

Help please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	As_returned_by_Webstyle4.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	29129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replaced.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	29130  

Last edited by Riftvalley; 26 August 2006 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added file name in text

Default Re: Editing logos with Webstyle4

Apologises I should have posted this in the webstyle 4 forum. I will let it ride here as I don't want to duplicate posts.

Rift,

As this is a specific Webstyle question I've moved it to this forum where you're more likely to getter a better response.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Rift

I always think that the best approach with WS is to let it publish to the project area, but then *copy* the javascript and image files to your development web site. You can then edit the paths in the links. Subsequent edits in WS then usually mean just copying the files again - the links are usually still the same. This may mean that the links from DW to WS don't work, but it is safer to make the edits in a separate place. I hope that makes sense.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Thank you,

Much better to copy code than to keep haing to repair it. Hopefully a new release of WS4 may make simple edit a safer option.

Your way is better as it avoids the odd coding characters and the possibility of DW crashing.

Regards

rift

One more thing though, where is the project area physically in the machine and is there any reason it is not in the web files? I am new to this programme and still in the experimenting stage.

R