Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XaraXtreme on Paralles Desktop for OSX ?

I was wondering if Charles or anyone from Xara Ltd has tested or has knowledge of any one testing XaraXtreme on the Paralles Desktop virtualization software that runs on Mac OSX. My move to OSX is imminent and would sorely miss XaraXtreme. I know that work is ongoing on the Open Source port to Mac but it seems that a working version is months away.
    Or I might try running Xara LX on some Linux Distro through Parallels.
    Anyway thought I would ask, great job on the porting work so far. Thanks.
    adios
    IP

Default Re: XaraXtreme on Paralles Desktop for OSX ?

I have an iMac on my desk and run OS X, Linux (Ubuntu) and WindowsXP all using Parallels desktop and it's great. Performance is very good, although screen update under Windows, and Linux in particular, is not super-slick. But Xara Xtreme work very well (Linux and Windows) and is very fast.
    (Plus the fact I have native 1680 pixel wide desktop on the Mac and 1920 pixel wide 24" DVI connected second monitor. So I can run OSX on one monitor and Windows or Linux full screen on the other)

If I want a really fast Windows machine I just boot into Windows using BootCamp and then I have a dual-core machine that's noticeably faster than my old 3GHz Pentium 4. And this offers super-fast screen update and Xara works like dream. Macs make really great Windows computers.

And yes it will be some time before we have a native OSX Xara Xtreme, but we're still hopeful it will happen in the not too distant future.
    IP

Thank you very much Charles, that is very encouraging. Friday I went ahead and purchased a Mac Mini Core Duo with 2 gigs of ram and a 20" cinema display so I am looking forward to trying Parallels out.
    adios
    IP

Parallels does like having lots of RAM so that's a good move getting 2gigs.
    IP