Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How disable shadow

I find having the position of the object shown is most useful when making animations.

I don't want to lose it.
    IP

I'm Inkscape every day user (long time) open for new. When I discovered Xara I decide try it. I think that Xara is very interesting proposal for Open Community but some solution very strange for me. I can't make precise works, when Xara drawing shadowed primary position of object (I know that I can zoom out and move object for a longer distance, but it take's many time). Last time I discovered that Xara drawing second shadow (when I drag object, move it and stop moving without drop, Xara drawing second shadow), why ? When I can take Intbel's point, I dont understan how this second shadow maybe useful. I think that the best solution for it - create on/off shadow switcher.
    IP

Intbel
    You will not lose this function as I said before you can toggle it on or off by hitting the Tab key while dragging an object. Also now that my memory has been jogged read the help file about drag and drop, there is also an Icon down in the right hand part of the Status Line where you can also toggle this by clicking the Icon.
    adios
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sunland View Post
    Intbel
    You will not lose this function as I said before you can toggle it on or off by hitting the Tab key while dragging an object. Also now that my memory has been jogged read the help file about drag and drop, there is also an Icon down in the right hand part of the Status Line where you can also toggle this by clicking the Icon.
    adios
    Ah .. thanks, I never knew that.
    Every day summat new ...
    IP

Sunland, TAB is very useful function for focused object (works like TAB on Inkscape nice to hear that implement on Xara too). Probably I missread this function reading manual. I'm very grateful, you open my eyes on it. I don't know how TAB works on windows ver. (I havent windows) but on Linux ver. it works changing focused object. When object moving and TAB used, this one changing focus between object and its shadow. Shadow still displayed, and I have problem with it.
    IP