Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tired of tutorials for just a bit, need to DRAW

... and Paint. Sometimes the media just wants to go in a certain direction, and it is most interesting where it ends up. This was just an experiment with the blend tool in DRAW. The experiment looked like earings so I just saw where else it might go.

PhotoPaint is so much better at preparing the work for the web than DRAW is. You can see the bitmap decently. And it is not shabby when it comes to effects.

The media is limited by what we expect out of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkNLovely.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	28609  
    Last edited by sallybode; 12 August 2006 at 06:10 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: Tired of tutorials for just a bit, need to DRAW

Wow! Like the hot colors. Are all the gradations in the illustration blends?
    IP

Very nice image sally. I really need to replace my pad and pen and try some of this type of work. Don't think it would quite match your efforts though.

Sark
    IP

nice image sally... i just tried to draw got a bit close to that image
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Tired of tutorials for just a bit, need to DRAW
    ... and Paint.
    Sometimes one is justified in indulging in instant gratification and giving into such irresistable desires.

Your effort was well-rewarded methinks.
    IP

The majority of the drawing was just done in DRAW, I used PhotoPaint to enhance the colors for the web as I was working with the CMYK palette which is more muted on screen than the RGB one.

The retouching tools in PhotoPaint are powerful despite the interface that looks like Barney Rubble designed it in the stone age. But it isn't the interface that matters, it is the way the tools work.

Besides, you can do all the sorts of customizing in PhotoPaint like you can in DRAW. There are scripts in DRAW that speed things up, also in PhotoPaint, if you like an enhancement and have several pictures that could benefit from the same sequence, you can play back the Undo Docker and record it and make a macro (script) from it.

Likewise, you can drag the tools around to be more convenient to aid your work flow rather than impede it.

I have not tried this with the most recent version of Photoshop CS2 which I have only at work, to export a .eps with clipping path. But it works when made in DRAW. And it isn't that time consuming. I was working on a tut for that but the file size is too huge to post, I downloaded a different program that looks more promising from Cintenel. It's the program that ClicknLearn.com has for the tutorials found there. They are by far the most excellent free tutorials on DRAW found on the web, make mine look like used kitty litter. You do have to download the player, I've downloaded all of them just in case the owner of the web decides the come on is too good and doesn't offer them any more. Hey, you never know these days. Anyway I'm going to experiment with that program. It's supposed to also make .exe's which can be emailed. It says it has the best compression for flash found on the web, so I'll report back once I know first hand.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP