Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: My first try of Xara

Hello Harald,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I like your "Roller Blade" lady.

Ivan Louette is a long time member of the forums and a Xara users. He is also from Belgium. babaures, 1, chaumont-gistoux, brabant wallon, belgium is the location he has in his profile.

I also believe he uses Illustrator. He is usually very busy this time of year with his 'day job', where he maintains the community flower gardens.

Use the forum's advanced search feature and search for his name. If you click on his name in the "Last Post" column of the search results you can see his profile. From his profile you can send him an email.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Frans of Nederlands talig, sorry, waals of vlaams.
    Franstalig inderdaad

Thanks for the tip Soquili.

Code:
    Hope to see more of your work here.
    Thanks ! i've just seen there is a non Xara gallery. i'll post some Illustrator drawings

Yes, excellent drawing!!!
    -=Bob=-

Hi Harald,
    During the day I have to use AI as the firm that I work with does not allow any other file type but at night and all home jobs the work is done in Xara. To answer some of your questions:
    No you cant't forget PS
    For file sharing save your Xara work as PDF then open in AI and ungroup and remove a few clipping masks and your are in biz. Keep your work simple and do not use any bitmapped effects, like bevel, dropped shadow, some transparencies, blends and clipview.
    If you are printing and you have Acro no big problem. For all others type of printing save as Tiff and take into PS for colour correction same as you would do with AI but you don't have the option of opening the file from clipboard or from PDF.

From working with AI for five years 5 days a week I still find that my work rate is far more productive in Xara than it is in AI. Hope you stick at it as your drawing has a fresh appeal.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentox
    Franstalig inderdaad

Thanks for the tip Soquili.

Code:
    Hope to see more of your work here.
    Thanks ! i've just seen there is a non Xara gallery. i'll post some Illustrator drawings
    Harald,
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. Great action in the illustration! You are obviously well practiced.
    ron

Harald, that's really a great image, love to see more of your work!

Groetjes Jolande

Talking Re: My first try of Xara

Every application has its own way of working and as Rian said in his post, until you get the feel of the program you will be a duck out of water.

I use Illustrator CS 2 and CorelDRAW X3 and of course, Xtreme. Extreme can do things that Illustrator and CorelDRAW can not do. But there are things that Illustrator and CorelDRAW can do that Xara can not.

Do not to ask why Xara does not work like Illustrator but ask how do I do what I want to do in Xtreme. It took you a lot of time to learn how to use Illustrator, and it will take a little time to learn Xtreme.

But when you learn how to use Xtreme, you will ask why does Illustrator not work like Xtreme? :-)

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Cents
    Welcome. Very cool Illustration. I am a X Illustrator user myself. Once I started to figure out Xara, I can't seem to put it down. They should call it crack.
    I'm not sure why your having trouble with the keyboard shortcut though.
    I Like all the Xara Programs ...I'm Learning as I go Too!
    Just Makin' my Way....The Only way I Know How!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    Every application has its own way of working and as Rian said in his post, until you get the feel of the program you will be a duck out of water.

I use Illustrator CS 2 and CorelDRAW X3 and of course, Xtreme. Extreme can do things that Illustrator and CorelDRAW can not do. But there are things that Illustrator and CorelDRAW can do that Xara can not.

Do not to ask why Xara does not work like Illustrator but ask how do I do what I want to do in Xtreme. It took you a lot of time to learn how to use Illustrator, and it will take a little time to learn Xtreme.

But when you learn how to use Xtreme, you will ask why does Illustrator not work like Xtreme? :-)

Gary
    ....Very True!!!

I'm having fun playing with it..........
    Attached Images Attached Images