Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara3D design template question

I am a new Xara 3D and Extreme user and i have a quick question... Is there a way to create custom design or shape? Basically I am trying to create a specific shape and open it under the Design Picker. It will only allow me to pick a stock design with the .X3D extension. I would like to create one from one of several GIFs (transparent) that I have created.
    Any help for a beginner?

Default Re: Xara3D design template question

Hello there,
    I was wondering if you tried to copy the files into your xara folder on your c: drive under "2D images" because I know that you can do it for "backgrounds".
    Give it a shot!

Default Re: Xara3D design template question

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigC
    I am a new Xara 3D and Extreme user and i have a quick question... Is there a way to create custom design or shape? Basically I am trying to create a specific shape and open it under the Design Picker. It will only allow me to pick a stock design with the .X3D extension. I would like to create one from one of several GIFs (transparent) that I have created.
    Any help for a beginner?
    I had jumped the gun previously and I should let bill handle this one but I just like to help people too much sometimes.
    I have copied and pasted this for your reference maybe save bill a little effort.

"You can only import shapes that are in a vector format like .xar, .web, .wmf, or .emf formats. Xara3D basically works with text, you use a shape you are limited to those in dingbat fonts or those provided in the sample files. To create your own you have to create them in a vector graphics program and then save (or export as your program requires) to one of the four formats Xara3D can import.

Files in .jpg, .gif, .png etc. are bitmapped format files and Xara3D can only use them as textures.

The ideal solution is to purchase Xara Xtreme to use with Xara3D. You can copy your vector object (shape) from Xara Xtreme and paste it into Xara3D. You can copy your Xara3D creation as a .png and paste it back into Xara Xtreme."

Thanks bill....
    Zabon10