Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Why can't package five work like the rest?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • How to edit after you reinstall?

0 0%
  • What do, we do when you feel all alone and no one is answering your questions?

2 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bought the new webstyle 4 fifth template package

HouCo, regretful that not all the templates are not working for you. I would say that there may be a bad download, it happens sometimes.

Xara is a very small company with few employees. I imagine their Customer Support has other duties like small companies. In my old company, my secretary and administrative helper were the customer support. They knew nothing of the procedures we did other than what was written for them, so it was mainly a scripted answer. Technical advice came later as engineers and technicians broke free from other duties.

With that said, product/service support is paramount to the success of a product or service.

And if I may through my hat in the ring of support, most software products that are successful today build upon a loyal customer base that have by their own means of communications developed solutions and ideas on fixes and improvements to a product. i.e.; Users Groups; Bulletin Board; Forums (such as TalkGraphics) and newsletters.

Perhaps if you put down exactly what happens when you try to load the template, the solution path can be narrowed down. Also, how you loaded the templates into Webstyle.
    IP

I can not help it works for you...but it does not work for me! I happen to have both Dreamweaver 7 and Frontpage 2003 and they do not work in either.

I gave up and am using the old ones. I know that they work and will continue to use them.

Anne
    IP

Re: Bought the new webstyle 4 fifth template package

First I never said Webstyle was a bad program...

I said "Quote me here" that the fifth package would not work correctly for me... In frontpage 2003 or dreamweaver.

I also stated I have referred Xara to several business partners who love it as much as I do... Plus I said it was "BEST PROGRAMS ON THE NET".

Never have I ever said that I did not like Xara or the Customer Service... I said they are a bit slow...But I did say they were good. They may be a small company but they got a lot more going for them than most people. "AT LEAST THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING OTHERS"!

I do not like words put in my mouth...I am big girl and I can talk for myself without someone doing it for me or twisting my words around to cause trouble. Thank you very much.

Next time I have a question that I need help with, I will not waste my time. Instead I am getting a email box full of insults and nasty comments. All because someone twisted what I said into something that was not said and something that never should of been said.

If you got an axe to grind, with Xara. Be man or woman enough to take it up with them. Not me. There are names for people like you, uneducated, self-centered, judgemental, harsh, and a few unsorted others.

****NOTICE*****

"FOR ALL YOUR INFORMATION IT STILL IS NOT WORKING... I WILL NOT USING THOSE TEMPLATES, INSTEAD I WILL GO BACK AND USE THE OLD TEMPLATES." I HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE." I simply bought something that does not work.

Anne
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by HouCo
    First I never said Webstyle was a bad program...

I said "Quote me here" that the fifth package would not work correctly for me... In frontpage 2003 or dreamweaver.

I also stated I have referred Xara to several business partners who love it as much as I do... Plus I said it was "BEST PROGRAMS ON THE NET".

Never have I ever said that I did not like Xara or the Customer Service... I said they are a bit slow...But I did say they were good. They may be a small company but they got a lot more going for them than most people. "AT LEAST THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING OTHERS"!

I do not like words put in my mouth...I am big girl and I can talk for myself without someone doing it for me or twisting my words around to cause trouble. Thank you very much.

Next time I have a question that I need help with, I will not waste my time. Instead I am getting a email box full of insults and nasty comments. All because someone twisted what I said into something that was not said and something that never should of been said.

If you got an axe to grind, with Xara. Be man or woman enough to take it up with them. Not me. There are names for people like you, uneducated, self-centered, judgemental, harsh, and a few unsorted others.

****NOTICE*****

"FOR ALL YOUR INFORMATION IT STILL IS NOT WORKING... I WILL NOT USING THOSE TEMPLATES, INSTEAD I WILL GO BACK AND USE THE OLD TEMPLATES." I HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE." I simply bought something that does not work.

Anne
    I don't understand, what's going on here??
    IP

I dunno, did I say something wrong?

Anyway, onwards and upwards...
    IP

Since I didn't get any response in the WebStyle forum, I thought I would post this over here. The problem I'm having with pack 5 is with the margins. The right and left columns they expand horizontally when adding text as opposed to vertically. An example can be seen here:

http://www.spectaculardetail.com/072...ette_page5.htm
    IP

It seems, there are not so much active Webstyle/Menu Maker users in this forum. I cannot help you, because I'm not a user of Webstyle or Menu Maker and I don't know much about these software packages.

Have you tried a search with the search function on the forum? Perhaps, there are some similar threads?

Regards,
    Remi
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi
    If I look into the Webstyle and Menu Maker Forums, it seems to me, there is really a poor support for Webstyle and Menu Maker (not the support from the good guys in this forum, but it seems, the support from Xara Ltd. don't answer emails...). I wonder, if this is true?
    The forums are for users to discuss the products between themselves. While Xara Group staff members do post now and again, we cannot guarantee responses. That is what technical support is for.

The originator of this topic, HouCo, said "I bought and have sent ticket after ticket on this and no one will fix it." Well firstly I advise to not submit multiple tickets, as it slows down responses or (if the system is severely spammed with emails) they will not be read. But in HouCo's case I can see that technical support did respond to every email, and furthermore HouCo did not make any further responses. In fact technical support even requested further information, but these were not returned.

Technical support can only go so far. If the customer does not respond to our emails, we cannot continue that support request.

My advice to anyone requiring support is to email technical support, and to respond to their questions. If you have a ticket number that you think hasn't been attended to, please private message me and I will chase it up. Finally please post Webstyle topics in the Webstyle forum; posting in the wrong forum again is not going to help with tech support questions.

I will now close this topic.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP