Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Why can't package five work like the rest?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • How to edit after you reinstall?

0 0%
  • What do, we do when you feel all alone and no one is answering your questions?

2 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bought the new webstyle 4 fifth template package

I bought and have sent ticket after ticket on this and no one will fix it. None of the new templates from package 5, will load correctly into frontpage or dreamweaver. I got pictures that are all over the page, logos at the bottom that are suppose to be on top and double menu bar that eat up the middle of the page, and where you put the copyright notice, normally at the bottom is sitting on top it is all screwed up. Why can't they email me an answer on how to fix this? That is all I want is to use what I purchased...as it is now none of my templates are working.....I think this was a bad and I mean bad download. But I have ask and no one is responding to my questions, outside to tell me I am flooding their email boxes.

Normally, Xara is one of the BEST programs out there. If I take delete all my webstyle and reload none of my previous websites can be edited. Plus on top of it all there is nothing in faq to answer my questions. What am I suppose to do? I live on a limited budget, and I can not afford to throw money away. I am really a nice lady, who only wants the product to work. But since I loaded package 5 nothing is working.

Anne
    IP

Default Re: Bought the new webstyle 4 fifth template package

If I look into the Webstyle and Menu Maker Forums, it seems to me, there is really a poor support for Webstyle and Menu Maker (not the support from the good guys in this forum, but it seems, the support from Xara Ltd. don't answer emails...). I wonder, if this is true?
    Last edited by remi; 19 July 2006 at 02:42 PM.
    IP

Hi there,

I moderate another forum, but use Frontpage 2002 and Webstyle. On the issue of transferring menu items, I figured that out and have posted the solution here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...43&postcount=6

On the template issue, I haven't downloaded the new files yet. So, I will do so and get back to you on that.

I'm refurbishing a house I own, so won't be back until later in the evening. Hope you don't mind the smell of paint, caulk and tile adhesive.
    IP

As a matter of reference, I downloaded the Template Pack 5 yesterday and have none of the issues you mention. They work fine for me. I don't use Webstyle frequently, but liked some of the new designs. I use it with Dreamweaver 8.

Did you get this issue resolved?

Can you show us some examples or post a site that's messed up?

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

I can not help it works for you...but it does not work for me! I happen to have both Dreamweaver 7 and Frontpage 2003 and they do not work in either.

I gave up and am using the old ones. I know that they work and will continue to use them.

Anne
    IP

Paint and hard work has never bother me :-) My Dad was a contractor so it is in the blood.

I had to completely remove webstyle yesterday and reinstall. Working with frontpage 2003 is quite different from working with 2002. Have both. I was surprised at this. You can save more in 2003 but the previewing of any work is a pain. You have to go through a security step before it will open in a browser. Netscape will not view it correctly and mozilla is workable, IE is great.

I had to completely remove Webstyle yesterday, since I run a business and work online there is no waiting around to get support that is basically non-exsistent. Do you know how much money Webstyle could make if they had better support? It be through the roof. They are honest though, they double charged me and took care of that immediately and I got my bank refund on my card within 24 hours. It just getting questions answered that is a pain in the neck.

Any way, after I clean my system of Websytle and reloaded. It took three times and it finally loaded. We now have the templates working correctly for now, but one set I bought does not show. Talk about pain in the backside. I lose money every day my site is down. Am I happy? Absolutely not. I don't like to judge. I just want everything to run smoothly.
    IP

a
    Quote Originally Posted by remi
    If I look into the Webstyle and Menu Maker Forums, it seems to me, there is really a poor support for Webstyle and Menu Maker (not the support from the good guys in this forum, but it seems, the support from Xara Ltd. don't answer emails...). I wonder, if this is true?
    Last edited by HouCo; 20 July 2006 at 12:54 PM.
    IP

a
    Last edited by HouCo; 20 July 2006 at 12:56 PM.
    IP

a
    Last edited by HouCo; 20 July 2006 at 01:03 PM.
    IP

I have to agree. I have sent them several emails and all I got back was how I was flooding their email box. The did take care of the over charge on my credit card, immediately. They were really nice about hat. But as far as support goes there basically isn't much. They teke forever to answer an email if they do at all. I have sent them several customers and associates who needed help on web design. They all love the product hate the Customer Service Tech support that is basically very slow.
    IP