Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: exporting .gifs

Lightbulb exporting .gifs

Hello, everybody!

I'm working at this site autoclick.ro and I started to create some icons.
    I use Corel Draw to create some vectorial drawings and then I export them in .gif format. But they seem to lose their original color, and this is confirmed when I check with the eyedroper.

What can I do in order to preserve the color, and is there any tehnique for obtaining nice small icons (pictograms)? Are there any hiden settings? : )

Thanks for reading and for advice.
    IP

Default Re: exporting .gifs

Salut mario !

in order to preserve the collors you should check the box for "Apply ICC profile" in the second dialog box that apears when you export

a d r i m
    IP

The other thing is that for web, color management should be off. The screen inherently is RGB, which is perfect for web but not for print. Besides, you should also use appropriate palettes for web, not the standard CMYK which is DRAW's default palette. There are also web palettes of colors that don't dither, these are good too.

When you make a .gif, you may also be not setting your colors used high enough and when the .gif is made, the colors that you really needed were thrown away. Try the next setting up, until the colors are bright under optimized.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I tried the ICC option, and the non dither one...

And the result is still not good. The text on the buttons is very blured, and contains more than one color (and not the color I designated originally in the vectorial drawing). And the resulting file is bigger than expected (more than 1 k) compared to others that I've seen (100-300b).

Can I please get some practical advice?
    IP

Can you do screen shots of your settings so I know exactly what you are doing?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP