If I'd read this thread 2 days ago, I would never have paid for the software. However, I did - and the template bundle! So I was more than a little miffed when I couldn't download the new templates.
I was getting the same "Can't connect to server" cobblers that everyone else seems to have had, except for the error number "Unexpected error (0x80040155)"

In addition, all the links in the FAQ were coming up as "The page cannot be displayed".

No reply from Xara tech support - no surprise there then.
So... finally spotted this forum and guess what? Everyone else is having the same problem. No surprise there either then.

ANYWAY..... there are 2 files listed in this thread as fixes. I've now applied both, by the following method, and at last... I've got my downloads!

Here's how I did it:
  1. Download, unzip and double-click on the Registry file - yes you DO want to enter it into the registry.
  2. Click Start > Run > Type "regedit" without the quotes, then click OK
  3. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER - then Software - then Xara - then XMUpload
  4. Check that the password you registered with is on line 2, and the email addy you registered with is on line 4. If not, edit the relevant lines and add them.
  5. Close the registry editor.
  6. Either download or just run the .msi file - It will ask if you want to repair or uninstall the existing file. - Repair does NOT work. Select Uninstall and let it be removed altogether.
  7. Run the .msi file again and re-install the software.
  8. Open Webstyle and try downloading the new templates - it SHOULD work now!

If it does work for you, try contacting Xara's tech support and tell 'em that PooterMan achieved what their own crappy support didn't and therefore deserves at least 10% of their future sales Don't expect a reply from them though! If the above solution does NOT work for you, jolly tough titty and best of luck finding an alternative.

Just in case the download links for the 2 fixes stop working, I've posted the files on my site, with the above instructions.

Hit this link to go there... http://www.pooterman.co.uk/webstylefix

Feel free to contact me if you need help.