Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

One more

Richard, that last one was my favorite too. Here it is again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SheffLogo2.gif 
Views:	593 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	12759  
    Sheff
    My Site
    IP

Another idea...

Mickie

Name:	xpe3.gif 
Views:	582 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	15021  
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grafixman:
    Richard, I'm still kicking the tires on the trial version. Looking good here. So when is the next version coming up? Buy now or wait? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you think you can't live with out XaraX then buy now if you want to wait untill the next release then you might be in for a wait, who knows??

Sheff, your design still 'sends me', it's a really slick design for sure!! The added eye design I'm not so sure about though....

I think Bundera's last design set is also very well thought out and pro looking.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Hope this is good, first atempt, i use Real Draw, as i dont have xara..sob, but ive been checking the forums and the galleries associated with xara, and I wish I wish I had such a great tool at my disposal( good attempt hey), well here are three design concepts i like, (my wife reckons i need a little more colour in my life) but i like this style. any comments would well appreciated.

Name:	2.png 
Views:	530 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	3958  
    IP

There's some great stuff here, guys, but I still like bundera's first one the best. It's sleek, sophisticated, dramatic and simple. And I can read the name of the product without having to work at it.

As Antony says, the logo has to be usable in a variety of settings that include all kinds of sizes, multiple formats, full color, limited color, web, print -- you name it. Most of what I see here shows glorious creativity, but it doesn't meet the criteria. One of the things I found out fooling around with icons for access's apps is that bold, simple shapes work best. Strip your ideas down to their most important, simplest components, focusing on a single idea you want to communicate.

bundera, your 'power icon' is great, but it might still have too much content to work well at 16x16.

Another thing I discovered with the icons is that the 16x16 version looks best if it's actually 16x14. That provides a hair of white space between your icon and the adjacent icons in the file manager so it's easier to read. If necessary, make the top and bottom row of pixels in the icon white to maintain the 16x16 size.
    IP

Better late than never.

Gary

Name:	gwp_xpe.png 
Views:	525 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	6217  
    IP

Sheff, your last one is very cool. But I have to agree with Richard about the eye. Maybe if it is integrated with the X?
    Buy now, buy now, buy now... that's what the little voice inside is saying to me, too.
    IP

Gary,
    Thanks for sharing with us ... I love the graphic element (spheres), the smaller it gets the better it looks ... but where are the worms

TC1973,
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. Your entry is clean and simple ... I like the top one the best.

JohnR,
    "Can't draw worth beans"? ... I takes as much artistic talent to compose advertising, websites, and video effectively ... as it does to create a stunning illustration. Some of us just practice our craft on a somewhat less inspiring level

-Ed.
    IP

Christine,
    I really like your entry with the silhouette ... it draws me in and conjours images of family photos with the kids.

-Ed.
    IP

My serious ... and last (I can hear the applause now) entry.

Name:	xpe4.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	15248  
    IP