Quote Originally Posted by marketmanager
Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a G5, now the only program I am without is Xara X.
I looked through the notes on the website but it looked way to confusing. Is there a simpler way of installing Xara X on MAC? Or maybe someone could put up easier step by step instructions for someone who is not a programmer?

When will a commercial version by available to the public?

Thank you in advance, I really miss XARA X, without it, my frelance work is suffering.
Neither Xara X or Xara Xtreme work on the Mac, unless you run one of the emulators allowing your Mac to run Windows programs. Sadly, this won't be particulary fast, but should keep you going. Of course Intel-based mac owners can dual boot (see BootCamp etc.).

Xara LX (the open-source program) currently runs on Linux, and will will hopefully soon run on the Mac. We help to port it. Whilst it's possible to run the current open-source version, it certainly isn't easy (you have to compile it yourself and it is non-trivial), and it's nowhere near as stable as the Linux version. I think you have a few months to wait.

When this is done, I expect Xara may release a commercial version that runs on the Mac too.