Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Re: Some fun with SketchUp

that wonderful! nice sketchings

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Some fun with SketchUp

Thanks!

I hope they get across my goal in showing that SketchUp-generated images don't have to look 'cartoon' style. I find it frustrating that while many new users like how easy it is to model in SketchUp, they dismiss the program thinking it only exports in a cartoon style. Those people are failing to appreciate the true flexibility of the program.

Regards, Ross

There is an update to the free sketchup as you will find when you run your old freebie.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Yes Norman -- The update mostly relates to the integration with Google Earth. There is a new beta release of GoogleEarth4. It is noteworthy because it has improved resolution in many parts of the world.

[Norman - as a ham radio guy I imagine Google Earth could be really useful to you. You could put placemarkers wherever the other people you talk to are located. I'm not a radio guy but I've used placemarkers to locate all the places I've lived over the years. A click in the list will navigate me right there. Its pretty cool].

Regards, Ross

Yes Ross I never thought about doing that. There are many programs in Ham radio for doing something like that. there is an interesting one UIView that lets you track mobile amateurs on a map via satellite whether they are walking, cycling, on horseback, yachting, motoring etc ,even send them text messages, it also shows earthquake sites, hurricanes. satellites. then a link to another site which tells you when they were last on air and depending which part of America they are in will give you a birdseye view of their homes and surrounding land (Big Brother is watching you indeed.) as you can see from the accompanying map USA and Canada are predominate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uiView2.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	26822  
    Last edited by parahandy; 16 June 2006 at 07:21 PM.