Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: copy

sorry folks still extremely new to all this but cannot seem to edit>copy so as to make a new layer with the letter cut out of a texture. Any ideas much appreciated!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

not sure if I understood right..but before you do your text selection of the texture go ahead and make a new layer. stay on the layer with the texture you want, go to edit > copy. select your new layer and go ahead to edit > paste. If that doesn't work just let me know with a little more detail of the problem and I'll definitely try to help
    IP

Tnanx for reply..basically I was doing a tutorial and used an image from it which I have attached . I think the problem lies with with the type of image it is as I have experimented with alternatives and have had no problem. Have also tried to save this image as a PSD but still no luck. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Hmm I tried the image you attached in Photoshop (6.0) and the text selection worked fine..hopefully someone else can give some better insight, sorry I couldn't help more.
    IP

tried it again myself but still no luck.I can make a text selection but it will not copy for me......????????????????????? Thanx for trying any way!!!
    IP