Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doooog

Default Re: Doooog

Bronco.

That's an excellent animation. Using bevels makes for a far smoother image but unfortunately Xara3D only creates external bevels which enlarge all the shapes so it becomes very hard to predict multiple shape animations. (Internal bevels would be fantastic)

Great job - looks really nice - but it took a long time to get up to speed...
    I think the reason for this is that nothing on TG is cached, so all images need to be loaded anew each visit. If it loads from the top down, it starts to load my animation first (300Kb) and then Bronco's (150Kb) but it's double loading. Rightfully Bronco's should d/l in half the time it takes to d/l mine but this often isn't the case.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Bronco.

That's an excellent animation. Using bevels makes for a far smoother image but unfortunately Xara3D only creates external bevels which enlarge all the shapes so it becomes very hard to predict multiple shape animations. (Internal bevels would be fantastic)
    Hey thanks!

Yeah there was a bit of fidgeting with sizes to get them all "kinda right". The eyes especially, they are like 3 times bigger than the original shape (just from the bevel lol).

Bronco

I forgot to ask. What do you use to create your wmf's?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Bronco

I forgot to ask. What do you use to create your wmf's?
    Flash MX - I have had that program for a while so I am somewhat familliar with parts of it.

I jut recently got Xtreme though... I suppose I should start learning it eh?

If this file is too large for forum rules please tell me and I will remove it. or how do I reduce the size when I try in xara3d 6 it cuts the top off

Frank I did not know you were a swinger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swingull.gif 
Views:	180 
Size:	432.4 KB 
ID:	26213  
    Last edited by parahandy; 31 May 2006 at 08:13 PM. Reason: reduced file

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy
    Frank I did not know you were a swinger
    Neither did I Norm, neither did I. It's amazing what I'm learning every day while visiting this forum. Try working on a stoop and a shuffle and you'll probably be getting closer to the real me
    .............frank

How do I reduce the size when I try in xara3d 6 it cuts the top off
    Norman,

If you have "Fit to Width" option selected, Xara3D resizes the window to match the size of the windows width (suprisingly) so if your having your head cut off (so to speak) just adjust the height of the window.

As for size, Xara3D animations tend to be large, but you could try reducing the overall dimensions (in Xara3D) and create a smaller image. It's a matter of trying to accomodate those members who can't get Broadband.

Nice Seagull!
    Egg

Bronco.

FlashMX! I can't even draw a straight line in Flash. I just can't get on with the tools etc. I import all my drawings via swf from Xtreme. It's what you get used to I suppose.

I should imagine you'll find a large learning curve getting used to Xtreme, having been using Flash tools for so long. Although they're both vector drawing tools they work in very different ways. The movies in Xtreme will probably help you the most.
    Egg

Nice, Norm!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

Bronco.

FlashMX! I can't even draw a straight line in Flash. I just can't get on with the tools etc. I import all my drawings via swf from Xtreme. It's what you get used to I suppose.

I should imagine you'll find a large learning curve getting used to Xtreme, having been using Flash tools for so long. Although they're both vector drawing tools they work in very different ways. The movies in Xtreme will probably help you the most.
    Oh believe I am a novice when it comes to all of these programs.

I can draw pretty well in Flash, and do the most basic animations. I mess around a bit in Photoshop CS2, but am by no means an expert there either.

And now Xara!

It's overload I tell ya!