Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: When she stops, nobody knows...

HI,Grafixman!Great animation!And amazing how these things snowball!
    Could you tell me what software you're using,and what Wings3D is?I have Xara 3D6.Does Wings3D have more features? Thanks!

Wow, this is an old post.
    Wings 3D is a freeware modelling app
    www.wings3d.com
    It is great for making 3d objects.
    But if you want to render and animate it, you'd probably have to export the models to some other program. I use Blender
    www.blender.org
    However, it cannot output animated gifs directly. It can output video formats or a series of still pics (png, tga, jpg, etc) so I render a series of pngs to a temp folder and use Ulead Gif Animator to stitch them together.
    It's not as simple as using X3D. But you get more freedom and control.

Thanks very much,G'man!I'm going to check both out-they look cool!

Quick question-I'm downloading Wings.It asked me to pick a mirror.What is a mirror in this context?
    Last edited by raffy; 26 May 2006 at 02:25 AM.

The mirror is any one of the sites listed in the table below. Be sure you picked the version suitable for the OS you're using (windows, most probably...)Also, try to download the latest development version instead of the current stable version. It has the latest feature and is just as stable, imo. Also download the user's manual (though it is outdated, but reading through it should give you an idea on the workflow...)
    Prepare for a steep learning curve, though. Learning 3d is not easy...

Hi Bill... Computer glitches led to area cleaning led to home reno's are what has kept us busy... life is certainly full of fun challenges

To tell you the truth, it was kind of interesting to step back from the computer world for a couple of months... might just have to make a regular ritual of it

-----------------

Yes indeed, 3d is not, without those durn, albeit fun, learning curves...

Ah, just try some popular app, play with it a few hundred times, do some tutorials, play some more, and whoila, models ready for the next step...