Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing backgrounds in 3D6

Hi,Bill and all!I've got a new problem.I was doing a 3 page text animation in 3D6,and I was trying to move the background on each oage a bit to make it look like it was moving,but no go.Is it possible?I'll post what I came up with:

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...GpoziMkVkL0Bn1

I wanted to make it look like Raffy was pushing the mower across the screen.Thanks for any help you can give!
    Last edited by raffy; 25 May 2006 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: Changing backgrounds in 3D6

Bill's the one on the info desk at X3D these days, it seems...
    Too bad Mike Sims seems to be absent lately. He's THE wizard of X3D. If there is a workaround, he'll know it.
    How about using other gif animation programs to do the background animation and compositing the X3D output to it? X3D is great for 3d logos and stuff, but for pegboard or cutout style animations, simpler gif animation programs like Ulead Gif Animator is more suitable. If X3D could output a series of transparent pngs from the animation, I feel pretty sure it's easy to piece them together to another animation in UGA...

Hi,Grafixman!Thanks for answering.I'm incredibly new to all this.I have UGA,and could do the background animation in it or Xara Xtreme,but am not at all sure what you mean about piecing it together in UGA.Would I save the text animation as a png file,or export it as a png file,and then take it into UGA along with the background animation?That is,sort of shuffle them together?(I have no idea what I'm talking about.)
    P.S. How did you get an animated avatar?I just tried to change mine,but no go.
    Last edited by raffy; 26 May 2006 at 02:01 AM.

The animated avatar was set-up a long time ago, before TG moved over to VBulletin. I remember Bob Hahn also commenting that he's unable to get an animated avatar to show up. Something's changed then, I guess...that would be up to the moderators to fix, I'm afraid.
    Being able to do what you want entirely within X3d would be the best solution. I don't have X3D, so I can't help you with that. However, if you can get X3D to export a series of transparent pngs from the frames of the text animation, you can import them as objects in UGA, then it would just be a matter of turning on the visibility of the objects at their respective frames in UGA, so doing a layered animation over another animation should be possible...

Thanks again,G'man!I'll try to do that!Hope you din't mind if I get stuck and I ask for more help!