Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating PDF! Perhaps I'm doing something wrong???

Hi folks,

Finaly I bought Xtreme, been using Xara since v 1.5 and just love it, but I always had some problems delivering originals to our print shop, now in
    Xtreme this problem is solved thanks to the nice pdf export upgrade...

The PDF generated is just great with perfect quality, better and more crisp then Illustrator generated pdf's and smaller files...thank you Xara

There is just one detail not solved yet, sometimes our print guy wants all Print Marks included, and the only quick_and_dirty way I found to fix this is by mounting the file in Indesign therefore involving another application in my workflow! No big deal but never the less it takes another couple of minutes...

Today I was extemly stressed with a original and decided it was time to post a question concerning the pdf print mark issue?

Soo if anyone know how to include all print marks in a Xtreme generated pdf pls let me know!

Best regards / Roland at asite | Stockholm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	printmarks.gif 
Views:	194 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	25920  

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Creating PDF! Perhaps I'm doing something wrong???

Hi Roland,

Why not just draw your own print marks on a template and then use the template to create your images on. I would think if you put the print marks on a seperate layer that they wouldn't get in the way of you when you are drawing.

Just a thought.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

I'm a strong proponent of printer marks in PDF, and have passed along that request before. We can but hope.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

The Template method is the way I do it. You can make templates for all the usual sizes, brochures, buisness stationary and even at work using AI we all a box (rectangle) convert it to guidelines, draw in any fold line and crop marks and the put in printers marks from the Print Menu.
    Last edited by Albacore; 24 May 2006 at 01:14 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Print marks were part of previous versions of Xara and were an option in Print Setup. I agree that they should be added back in the next version of Xtreme.

But printer marks are something that should really be added by the printer. All the printer really needs from us is crops and bleeds.

If you provide a PDF file to the printer, he or she will make film from your file by printing it from Quark or InDesign. Each printer has her or his own special requirements that correspond to the press he or she is using. In my opinion, this is best left to the printer.

Gary