Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What's the difference between a

(a) print shop

and a

(b) printer

Thanks?

Same thing. But because "printer" can also be an inkjet printer, terms like print shop, printing company, printing professionals, etc. are used.

I agree with Albacore. First way to judge a printing company is by the quality of their work. Then the next most important thing is do they value you as a client and do they try to be helpful and provide you with the information you need to have a successful printing experience.

Gary

For business cards, I have had great luck with PrintingForLess.com

I create the business cards using Xara and export them as a CMYK TIF file at 1200 dpi. The quality of the cards has been excellent, they offer great customer service and I believe their prices are quite reasonable. You are even able to submit a sample file that they will proof, even before you place an order.

hi guys!

I can confirm that this company (printing4less) is good, I have made some printing jobs there. aslo I have worked with vistaprint and koolprint. all of them are fine enough. probably this info will help someone to considering where to print ))
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

I should remind people to ALWAYS, REPEAT, ALWAYS check the BBB Report of a U.S. internet printer before using them.

VistaPrint USA
    http://www.bosbbb.org/reports/reliab...p?FirmId=82218

Top 10 complaints
    http://www.bosbbb.org/news/complaints_top_10.asp

More to watch out for
    http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyRepor...2&hAKAID=1&hAddrID=1

The previous poster mentioned VistaPrints which is the top advertiser you get when you do a search on Google or Yahoo for the key words, "business cards".

I am pretty afraid to even go outside now as it seems TOO risky to deal with these internet printers.

I create the business cards using Xara and export them as a CMYK TIF file at 1200 dpi.
    That is excellent for text but overkill for everything else. As I pointed out, if your printing company is printing at 300 Lines Per Inch which is considered high quality printing, then 600 dpi should be adequate.

I work a lot with CopyCraft Printers out of Lubbock Texas. The print at 300 dpi waterless and the quality is excellent. $99 US for 1,000 cards. Only drawback is you don't have a choice of paper for that price. They gang print, print a lot of jobs at the same time, which is how they keep the prices down.

They also offer 500 2 color cards for $79, and they can print foldover cards and print on the back of non-folding cards as well.

Gary

Your being silly now.
    How much is it going to cost you for a proof of your Biz card? well in the UK it is going to cost about 20 pence for a A4 sheet. Now I am a Scotsman and even I think that it is good value.

Go on be rash, take your file to a local print shop, what the hell it is only 40 cents. be outragious go outside spend 40 cnts and live dangeriously.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Zee,
    I don't appreciate your remarks!

I have tried to be helpful at all times in this thread and I was answering rh's comments, "I am pretty afraid to even go outside now as it seems TOO risky to deal with these internet printers." and as you can see from the comments I have made I have been trying to get rh to establish contact with a local printer.

You may or may not agree with my advice to rh but it does not warrent a remark like yours.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I am testing the response, if any, from this other internet printer. So far nothing...I think I really want to go with someone local.....