Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Join DAZ and get Hexagon 2 for $1.99!!

Check to make sure vsync is switched off and then tick it.

Also check this thread on the eovia forum.

http://www.eovia3d.net/showthread.php?t=7479

Cheers

Mike R
    I dont believe everything I think.

Nope, still does it and it's even worse, I get the hour glass icon every .5 seconds now. The program is unusable to me.

ah well. Wait till 2.1 comes out. Hopefully that will fix lots of the issues.

Mike R
    I dont believe everything I think.

I found the Reset all Menus button which have returned my Material Window - have not played with the grapics card settings on the other machine. Hate tinkering with settings on a machine to fit just one prog! So I'll hold back for 2.1 I think.

Turan

Here's the official answer from the Daz/Hexagon folks for the problem I was having.

Unfortunately, on GeForce 6xxx graphic boards, when running Hexagon 2.0, the screen becomes black and the systems locks up for ten seconds. Then it works again but the next time it happens, the system may crash.
    This problem can happen at any time without doing any particular action. On some systems it happens every other click, on others it never happens.

The problem happens with the latest driver available at the time this document is written: version 81.67.

The problem has been reported to NVidia. We are waiting for an answer.

So...if you have a GeForce 6 series graphic board, you are out of luck until there is a fix.

Never being satisfied with 'no' for an answer, I solved one of my Geforce driver issues. It was for my older Geforce 6600 GS card. I went to the NVIDIA website and downloaded the video driver 78.01 which is considerably older than the 84 series driver.

Anyway, I loaded up Hexagon 2 and it works! No delays or whatever. Evidently, when Eovia wrote the software all they had for reference were older NVIDIA drivers.

I haven't tried this on my newer Geforce 6800 GT Extreme. It's a faster and meaner animal and would probably crash if I rolled back the driver.

I'm liking Hexagon 2 now... I will be busy modeling 3D objects.

Hi guys,

Sorry I wasn't around. For some reason I'm not getting my notifications on this thread!

Here is the address for the bug reporting. It's important that your specific bugs be reported in order for the team to get them squashed. You don't report them then you really can't complain if it's still present in the 2.01 update that's in the works!

http://www.daz3d.com/bugs/main_page.php

In the upper righhand corner you will find a menu and select Hexagon 2 from it. It is vital that you report your bugs there not just talk about them here. This will ensure that the update will take care of the issues that you report.

Personally I'm not having any issues so far. I had one freeze up but that was due to my playing around with the subdivision which is called smoothing in Hex2 and set it up to 7, very foolish!! Other than that I'm running pretty smoothly.

I have a new system that I just built so that might be part of the reason. Using a PCIExpress NVidia GeForce 6600 with none of what everyone else seems to be experiencing. Not sure how Hex 2 operates with ATI and Matrox cards but I know that DAZ Studio LOVES the nVidia cards. So far I have had 3 nVidia cards and I'm quite happy with the technology and the support is stellar!! I'm sure an update will be forthcoming!

All the best
    Last edited by RAMWolff44; 10 May 2006 at 05:48 PM.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Quote Originally Posted by Turan
    I found the Reset all Menus button which have returned my Material Window
    Hi Turan,
    My material window in Hexagon has disappeared and I can't get it back, and I happened to spot what you posted here. Can you tell me where the Reset All Menus button is located?
    Much appreciated.

Steve,

I'm at work at the right now and don't have it installed here , but if memory serves it is somewhere obvious once you know to look for it either Tools-Options or File-Preferences or something like that, I'll check it out tonight and update this post. Do a search on the manual if you can't wait.

Hope this helps unti lI get home.

Turan

An update- in case you thought I'd forgot.

I forgot, sorry, had to work late and forgot about you - have you found it yet? I'll try and remember tonight.

Turan