Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Join DAZ and get Hexagon 2 for $1.99!!

Hi you guys.

Well I was told is was fine to spread the word. The newly released Hexagon 2 is only a $1.99 for PC members!! You might not care about DAZ or you might even dislike them (for what I have no idea and really don't care) but if you have been waiting with baited breath for the release of this powerful 3D creation tool then here's your chance to get it at a very very low price!!

all the best
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Default Re: Join DAZ and get Hexagon 2 for $1.99!!

Already bought and installed. Stunning deal.

Cheers

Mike R
    I dont believe everything I think.

I'm still in shock but I have it installed and have 4 cubes, 3 of which are copies created with a simple Ctrl + drag. I love the interface so far and those tuts are just wonderful to behold!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I was about to ask if it was any good - I know $1.99 is not alot, but I got alot on my hard disk already and if it was not to hot it would save me a download.

But it sounds like it is worth it - keep up the reveiw thruoghout the next few days.

The vidio on the home page of the monster looks really cool - makes it look like z-brush (you you agree with that?).

The worst thing I did was take your advice about DAZ and Poser! I since spent $ and $ on $1.99 here and $1.99 there! THat said it was the best advice I every got - the tool is great.

Turan

How's it going with Hexagon 2?

I got past the first tut - and was very impressed with it. But now every time I add a new primitive to a new page it just locks up.

Tried looking for a known problems page but can't find one!

Anybody have any problems?

Turan

Loads of problems. Particulalry if you have a geforce 6 based card. You need to disable all the driver stuff for Hexagon especially the V/Sync stuff for it to stay stable.

Cheers

Mike R

Hummm, tried it on another PC. worked onthat one, until I tried to find the material room! It was not on the left pull out so I went to the window drop down where it was ticked. Tried the usual untick it then re-tick it and it should appear - but it did not. Understand now why it is only $1.99.).

Tool has a good look and feel to it and I was impressed with the first tut. But on one machine I can't get it going now and on the other I've lost menues!

Anyone else having bettere luck?

Turan

I'm having problems with it too. I tried on a Pentium with a Geforce card and an AMD processor with a Geforce card. Unfortunately, that's the only cards I have to use for videos. No ATI cards to try.

It starts out fine, then it acts like it has a huge memory leak and acts up horribly. Perhaps it's newbness to the interface, but it suddenly freezes up and nothing seems to work. I have plenty of memory on the system (2gigs) and plenty of video mem (256mb), so don't know what the problem is.

Seems like you start a new model and the program turns to crap.

Another too good to be true product?

Maybe the Daz people will encourage Eovia U.S. to some clean up the product. As it stands right now it is unusable for me.

Too bad, it looked like it had promise.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 04 May 2006 at 03:06 PM.

I will say again. The geforce drivers are at fault. This has been reported to Nvidia. The fix for now I have already posted above. I have had no problems with freezing or crashing or things like that since.

Cheers

Mike R

Well, I just changed the settings on the Geforce cards to the Maya profile, which basically unchecks everything.

Now it works on the Pentium with the Geforce card, but it still acts up on the AMD with the Geforce card. It acts like it keeps trying to access the hard drive and an hour glass icon comes up every 2 seconds which is very annoying.