Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Back for help

Threaded View

Default Re: Back for help

Hi Steve,

Great to see you back here at talkgraphics. Hope all is going well. Your photos are fantastic! You are a true artist regardless of the medium. Personally, I really like the black theme; kind of gives me the feeling of being in a "dark room".

One problem I noticed is that when you click on the photography icon and then cycle through the prints you are only seeing the prints in the "abandoned" category. I'm not sure that your visitors will realize that there are additional prints to view by clicking on the conceptual, modern structures & nature links.

Also, on the home page I was required to click on the Photgraphy icon "twice" before the prints displayed. It may be a good idea to label your icons on the home page instead of having to mouse over them to see what they represent. The mouse over is a cool effect, but your selling your art, not website design features. Keep up the good work and stay in touch. I'll be watching your site to see how it evolves... I'm sure it will end up great like all the other stuff you create.

Zee

additional note: I just realized that the last print (morning view) in the nature category is a very cool panoramic picture. If your going to have a lot of panoramic pictures maybe it would be good to have a separate panormaic category with a note that tells your visitors to scroll horizontally to view the entire print. Many people visit a site for only a few minutes so it's important to make it "user friendly" so they don't miss anything. Sit down with some of your freinds and "without any input from you" have them navigate through your site. It will help you to understand how other people think and may assist you in designing the site.
    Last edited by zee; 25 April 2006 at 02:19 PM.