Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Is it just me?

Default Is it just me?

Is it just me or does vBulletin give other people headahces?
    I really find it more of a chore looking through a vB board than, say Invision Power Board, (or even phpBB), which seems less cluttered, and gives me more sense of a community.

I mean, vBulletins always seem really serious to me, and that's not what I'm here for, I'm here to have a good time!

I have to say though, this board is one of the better ones.
    IP

Default Re: Is it just me?

vB's just fine for me. Never had any troubles with it and it's better than infopop
    Dunno what you mean by serious, vB just looks organized and like having potential to me.
    Maybe with some skinning, this place will look more graphics like. There's a logo comp going on right now, which is a start
    IP

Concept, according to you vBulletin is serious, cluttered, doesn't create a sense of community, right?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/ (vBulletin forum)

Do you call that very creative board with many talented and intelligent artists serious, cluttered and with no sense of community (close to 2000 members online at any time)?

I think TalkGraphics' choice for vBulletin (top product) has been an excellent choice, but I'm not so sure about the theme; a bit boring, looks too much like a default theme that often comes with any board software. Not that it bothers me that much though, I come her for what people have to say, not for what kind of board software or theme they're using.
    IP

As for Invision and phpBB - the maintenance features are horrible (at least when it comes to the standard set), so are the features a member has. vBulleting might look a bit intimidating at first, but once you get used to it - you won't look back.

TG is running on a standard skin (I think it's boring also) - the logo competition (ongoing) will I'm sure include a makeover one eventually.

But in terms of an "easy read" - this standard board is still easier on the eyes that the CG board example posted by BlueFlare (white on black and all the ads will make most people curl in to a little ball and just sob...)

As for posting "other examples" - no need! I'm sure a re-working of the skin is on Antony's to-do list.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Risto Klint
    this standard board is still easier on the eyes that the CG board example posted by BlueFlare (white on black and all the ads will make most people curl in to a little ball and just sob...)
    Risto, CG doesn't use B&W, but a less contrasting color combination. CG has close to 2,000 members at any time and 218,383 members in total which doesn't make me believe that "most people curl in to a little ball and just sob".
    Last edited by BlueFlare; 07 April 2006 at 05:59 PM.
    IP