Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Maze anyone?

Default Maze anyone?

Happened to browse a book on maze the other day at the local bookstore and it explained how to make one. Basically you have a regular grid, start at one end and trace a winding route to the end point. Then you confuse your track by starting at any point on the route, trace other winding routes which leads to dead ends. You do this until you have every cell in the grid covered.
    So I opened PI, turned on the grid and played around with the line tool. Pretty easy, actually, with the snap to grid option turned on.
    I started with a black line on a white background. Finally flattened the file and reversed the colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maze.gif 
Views:	218 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	24601  
    IP

Default Re: Maze anyone?

Another one. Made the basic shape in Corel Draw, converted the outline to shape then exported it as an .ai file. Imported it in PI as a path shape and applied a gel preset material. It came out too thin, so I applied the bevel outwards instead of the default inward to thicken the 3d object.
    The .ai file is included in case anyone's interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maze2.gif 
Views:	193 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	24640  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

I think you've got too much time on your hands GM!
    Great looking mazes
    How did you import an ai file into PI??

Still working on my lil ol animation by the way!
    Will be too large to put on here (over 200kb's already) in 2007, when it gets finished lol
    IP

I guess I just have a naturally noisy brain... . These didn't take much time at all, since I have a good idea of what I wanted even before I turned on the pc.
    PI's preset shapes has a button for importing .ai files. I stick with simple paths saved in earlier .ai formats. This one is .ai 3x or something.... Just remember to clean up extra nodes before exporting.
    LOL, you would probably be playing with Flash by the time you're finished with that one. Then you'll have to remake everything again...
    IP