Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Very Nice cherry tree Michelle. Thanks for posting!

Michelle

I love your cherry tree

Happy springtime to you too

Amanda

Thank you both very much! The term 'Sakura' is Japanese. My daughter, Jordan, is in her second year of learning the language and is also a manga artist who hopes to live in Japan someday. Celebrating all of the Sakura blossoms is a big deal in Japan at the end of March!

John, aren't you the one who likes dragons? There was TV special about dragons on Animal Planet over the weekend that was just awesome. I'm inspired to do a dragon quilt now!!!

Amanda, I really like your work, too! I downloaded your brushes and they are sooooo cute!!! I'm trying to learn Expression when I get a few minutes here and there. The illustrations you've done in Expression are very good!

Here's what I'm working on today, another stained glass design I did in Xara...

I think the powers that be at Xara are missing out by not marketing to the Crafting community! It's so easy to use to make your own design templates and pattern pieces...

-Michelle

...gotta get back to the sewing machine now...

Hi Michelle,

Yes I love dragons, and so do several other people here abouts. I will have to tak e a look and see if that show repeats. Would you be able to get the name of the show so I can look for it?

The craft market sounds like a good market to get into. You should think through some ideas, and put a proposal through to Xara. If they can do it for little or no money they would most likely back it. There are one or two other craft type people that post occasionally. it might be in your common interest to form a company and market the ideas yourselves. Get a web site... contact some craft chains see what marketing your ideas will entail. Then do it! Mary Kay didn't get where she is by sitting home knitting... but you just might be able too, so to speak.

Michelle,
    Love the stained glass/tile design. I've done a little embroidery with my wife's Viking ... I don't recognize the brand of your machine. What software are you using to digitize the designs?

-Ed.

John-
    The Dragons special is on again this weekend!

Show Schedule

Here is the main page about the Dragons show on Discovery Channel...

Dragons

...and here are some REALLY cool dragon figures that McFarlane just released. (I bought them all!)

McFarlane's Dragons

(can't tell I like dragons, eh?)

Ed-
    Actually, my machine is computerized, but it's not an embroidery machine. It's a Singer Quantum 9940. The butterfly is machine applique'd. I drew the butterfly design in XARA and then printed out the template on cardstock. I cut out the design with an Xacto knife and cut the pieces out of each fabric. I traced the design on the black backgound fabric using a white pencil. If I had more time, I would hand applique' the pieces on. I really enjoy making my own custom patterns with Xara!

-Michelle
    Family Photo Quilt

Picture from my askdog.com (version 4... ) People send in a title, and I goof around with it...

"she was a witch"

Looks Like I am gonna Watch animal planet real soon!

Michelle,

I too use Xara as the first step in my craft design business. I design and manufacture embroidery kits and the drawings start off in Xara and then are transferred to my embroidery program. If you want to see what I do you could check my site www.blackwork.co.uk for more info.

I love your butterfly and agree that Xara is great for crafts.

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

This is a picture of a Giant European flying frog, the source of many dragon legends,superimposed onto one of Rich's photographs of a waterfall, to be found in the non-xara gallery. Posted just because I haven't been able to post anything for ages and it was produced in March, just..
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flappy_the_frog.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	1478