Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Quality Tracing

Threaded View

Default Re: Quality Tracing

When I went back and tested it, I found that it is the way in which I was selecting the line which was odd, if clicking on the outline, you can break the line, if clicking on the interior of the line, you cannot break it. When there are two nodes at the head of the line (lines were drawin from left to right) the line is breakable, but not when clicked internally, (the example with only one node showing in the head of the line). If I marquis select the line, it is always breakable.

When you click on these lines in 12, they behave differently, I think when I thought it was the "treat as filled" that I inadvertantly clicked in a new place and thought this was the problem.

There is a great sensitivity to where you click, you have to know this or you will not be able to change it. This is odd.

I was reading in another forum, unleash.com regarding a similar behavior with text boxes, not being able to select the text box by clicking on it, maybe it is you really have to watch where you are clicking. And if you are a lucky clicker, you may not see the fluke. I myself have not experienced the fluke, but if the bug was always reproduceable, you could figure out what the problem is. I guess some glitches don't have to do with the program itself unless you get the slow down I got from having the font display turned on for the whole list of fonts. Not using the font manager can lead to a lot of problems.

The only othe real problem I have experiences it X3 doesn't see our one landscape press as that, it sees it as being a portrait press so I have to always use custom settings for height and width, otherwise the full image doesn't go to the imagesetter.

Once I understand what is happening, I can live with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line problem.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	24305  
    Last edited by sallybode; 24 March 2006 at 03:00 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP