Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default image chopping for table-izing..

After creating fabulous xara graphics, does this tool allow us to chop up an image into smaller sections to allow a rebuld into tables in an html environment? I wasn't sure of the correct search words for this, so i apologize if it is an faq. cheers, drew..

Default Re: image chopping for table-izing..

Yes it does, there is information in the help files concerning the slicing of documents.

thanks Scotty.. i guess i should have checked for a few other words instead of just "chop" eh? many thanks, drew..

i am getting it, after fighting the error about overlapping rectangles and what not, but i suspect there is a cool xara technique for lining up rectangles within an image. I find the manual placement a tad slow, and am still trying to get how zara is reasoning out the areas that i miss within crudely placed rectangles, but the resultant image is normally quite good. cheers, drew..

Hi Drew,
    I am glad you found the help files, the overlaping scenerio is a pain, that is one of the reasons I didn't go into detail in my previous answer. I generally create emty rectangles (or shapes) surrounding the sections I want to export as slices and give them a name I can associate with the image. Then export in slices.
    Hope you find Xara as rewarding as I do.
    Jim

hopefully this doesn't offend the kind folks at xara, but i found a freeware tool that allows me very very quick and easy image splitting. i post this here to help others, but perhaps to offer a direction to how this part of xara may evolve. And heck, if this post is inappropriate, i understand, remove it, and send me to the penalty box drew..

Chopping Slicing Dicing

Hey Drew

Here's a good mini-tutorial for Image Slicing and Exporting. Image Slicing .

Gary

thanks Gary, awesome link, i especially liked the elephant stereogram, it was superb.. it is very cool when your monitor takes on depth.

drew..