Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: which do you prefere ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Photoshop

11 73.33%
  • Illustrator

1 6.67%
  • Don't know

3 20.00%

Threaded View

Default Re: Photoshop VS Illustrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Draker
    Comparisons need to be made. Thats how things get tested and "evolve".
    Sure, as long as you don't compare apples with oranges. It's like which is better: the pencil or the brush, oil paint or water paint?
    Photoshop is a bitmap editor, Illustrator is vector program.
    I prefer Photoshop as a bitmap editor over other bitmap editors, but if I have to do create serious vector designs I prefer Illustrator.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmatt
    As to which one OF the two would I recommend. Then Photoshop, hands down. Just watch your text.
    Ron, how can you recommend Photoshop over Illustrator when you don't know what the user's intentions are, to work professionally with either vectors or bitmap?

Let me make it clear guys that Photoshop is not a true vector application. Sure, you can do some little vector stuff, but once you want to do something more complicated that also need fully scalable then you have no other choice then to use a true vector application.

To go back to the original question. The original question was: which do you prefer?
    Again, this depends on what kind of graphics you're working on.
    Let's be honest, no Illustrator lover will prefer their beloved application over Photoshop (or any other image editor) to retouch photographs...
    Last edited by BlueFlare; 12 January 2006 at 04:38 PM.
    IP