Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: demo removal?

Default demo removal?

Can the demo versions of the plugins be removed or uninstalled, so they do not appear in the drop down list?

For example, I have the Eye Candy filters that are not demos, so now I have two sets of these filters in my list, a working version, and also the demo versions.

Mike

Edit: OK, found them. I didn't dig deep enough. Found all the demos in XPE folder, and was able to delete them from there.
    Last edited by Mike Hennessey; 08 January 2006 at 07:49 PM.
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

Default Re: demo removal?

Good find. I keep meaning to track them down and delete them and now I know were to look. Thanks.

Gary

Many thanks for finding out how to do this. Things are neater and less crowded now in the plug-in box.
    TJB

I wouldn't recommend removing the demo versions of the plugins. The reason is that the demo and full versions are classed as separate plugins. For example, if someone sends you a xar file containing objects with the demo plugins applied (which is quite likely seeing as they come as standard with Xtreme), but you have removed them, the objects will not show correctly, even if you have the full versions installed. Xara have told me that there is nothing that they can do about this demo-redundancy and will speak to the Eye Candy programmers about it to see if there is anything that can be done for the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chrome Version.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	23005  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Xhris; 09 January 2006 at 03:31 PM.

Buy the full versions everyone, or I will have to reinstall!
    TJB

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris
    separate plugins. For example, if someone sends you a xar file containing objects with the demo plugins applied (which is quite likely seeing as they come as standard with Xtreme), but you have removed them, the objects will not show correctly,
    I'm not sure how they would be able to send me something with a demo plugin applied, as since installing the CD version, I am unable to apply any demo effects.

I was only able to "preview" the effect in the plugin window, but effect does not apply to the actual working file.

Mike
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

welp, i still have yet to receive my cd, book, etc., and in xhris's xar file i can see the chrome effect ONLY on the demo version...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hennessey
    I'm not sure how they would be able to send me something with a demo plugin applied, as since installing the CD version, I am unable to apply any demo effects.

I was only able to "preview" the effect in the plugin window, but effect does not apply to the actual working file.

Mike
    Even for the ones highlighted below out of interest?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demo Plugins.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	23004  

Point taken Khris. I have uninstalled the demo version, so when I open the xar file, the demo chromed item is just plain print.
    TJB

Reinstalling Xara will reinstall the default plugins.