Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bought Template Bundle and Now Originals All Say $

I can't believe this. I've had Webstyle 4 since it came out and finally broke down to buy the template bundle. Now I have the bundle but my originals have reverted to "$"

What can I do?? Instead of making the program better by purchasing the templates, it's telling me I have to pay again for the ones I already had! I wrote Xara a few days ago and haven't heard a word...Now looking at this board I see that service is not exactly their strong suit...This can't be a good sign...

Phoenix

Default Re: Bought Template Bundle and Now Originals All Say $

I had a similar problem and it was because I had a different email address from my original purchase of Webstyle and that used to buy the template bundle.

The email addresses need to be the same.

To check your regsitered email address you need to look in the registry.

Go to start then run and type regedit

navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XMUpload

You need to see what the email address displayed in the UserName Value Name entry?

You then need to:

Goto xara.com and login to your account using your member name and password.

Once within your xara online account, select the link labelled 'my details' then update the email address to be that in the registry

Next select start then run and type regedit and click ok.

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Webstyle 4\Startup and right click on template version and select modify. Set the value to be 0

Start Webstyle and click on the top left corner and select dont connect automatically. Click on update webstlye and enter your member name and password and retrieve your templates.

A bit complicated but it works

Hope this helps

TheCapt

I have the same problem, but even with the correct e-mail address, It still says I don't own the templates. This happened after I had to reinstall Windows due to a new hard drive being installed. Now what?

OK, I tried it again and it seems to be working. The dollar signs (are they pound signs in the UK?) have changed to arrows and it seems to be downloading the templates. I don't understand why it's using my old e-mail address though, and not the one I bough it with...I thought they combined all that info?