Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all,
    I stumbled on this program when I was in AutoSketch Discussion Groups. It is called Pro/Desktop Express 2001. It does 2-D,3D, Molds, Cad all in colors. Supported with tutors & forums size of program is 36mb. Works well with WinXP. Free download, no time limits, can export jpeg.
    http://blake.prohosting.com/prod/index.htm
    Attached is just one of their cylinder models. Yes it prints in colors. All this must be too good to be true. Of course the Express is just part of their $900.00 program they want to sell you. Engineers and machine shops use this program. I will use it for my woodworking drawings. I'm a software junkie anyway. GT

http://www.georgetroycrafts.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Design2R.jpg 
Views:	819 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	10308  

Default Re:website

Hello, I clicked on your website address as shown in your New Gear thread
    but it comes up " Page cannot be displayed". I hope to see your site as I too am interested on working with wood as a hobby. http://www.georgetroycrafts.com
    My own website if you wish to see my work very amateurist is
    http://www.warden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk Norm

Default Re: Cad oriented drawing program Download

Norm, your woodword is BEAUTIFUL! i wish i were as talented as you! keep up the good work!

Default Re:My woodwork

Thanks for the comment.Maybe when you get to my age 83 it will all come together. Norm

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=-
    Norm, your woodword is BEAUTIFUL! i wish i were as talented as you! keep up the good work!
    I tried to send you a reply thanking you for your comment but I fouled it up by changing the title. I was saying " maybe when you get to my age, 83 it will all come together". I apologise if this message appears elsewhere. Norm

hahahaha, no apology necessary, i got the message right here and thank you again for you wonderful artwork
    i'm not quite 83, but not quite 29 either...
    have been playing with xara and loving every minute of it and what do i go and get as a present for Christmas? a new dremel!!! woo hoo!!! now i've got tons of stuff to play with, to create with

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Norm -- I too enjoyed visiting your website.

You guys should check out SketchUp. It is the most user-friendly 3d modelling program. Although mostly used by architects it has a dedicated following among woodworkers who use it to design and plan projects. All users really appreciate how easy it is to learn & how powerful it is in visualizing projects. I include a couple of links to a few woodworking-related threads in the SketchUp User Gallery forum you might find interesting. This one shows how a woodworker named Tony from Belgium has used SketchUp to design a wall-mounted light. This longer one is about a wooden gate my friend Joe Wood from California has been designing. One of the longest threads in that forum is Joe Wood's thread he titled "how to build a deck" that goes through one of his projects in great detail. If you can spend some time going through all the postings I know you'll really enjoy seeing the impressive workmanship Joe puts into his deck projects. Very inspirational stuff and seeing all the pics of sunny Southern California are nice too!

Regards, Ross

(and if you look around that forum you might see some of my SketchUp work too)