Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Layer Gallery - Curiousity

Is there a way to shut off all layers visibility / workability at once without going through and unchecking all the checkboxes? If not, this would be a handy addition. If so, can you please tell me how, I haven't found it in the movies I've watched nor the handy little shortcut card.
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Layer Gallery - Curiousity

Hi Ace,

Of course you can select/de-select all of the layers visibility or editability. See the example picture and the circled "eye" button will toggle back an forth, all of the layers to be visible or invisible. The same goes for the arrow icon next to it on the layer gallery. The arrow toggles back an fourth the selectability of all of the layers.

Hope this helps.

Eric,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	22896  
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Lightbulb Re: Layer Gallery - Curiousity

Hi, firstly, there's a pair of buttons on the layer gallery to toggle their visibility/edit status all at once.

You can also check out another (kinda hidden) feature. Also see the attached pic:
    In the layer gallery:
    - click on the first layer's name to mark the beginning of the selection range
    - Next, mark the end of the selection range by SHIFT-clicking on the last visible/editable check button; immediately the indicated range's checkboxes will change.
    - If I understand it correctly, depending on the status of the last checkbox you click, every checkbox in the range will toggle to show the status of the last checkbox you click. So if the last checkbox was unchecked and you checked it, every checkbox in the range will also be checked. And vice versa. Hope you understand this

This way, you can indicate your own range that you want to (un-)check

Note in the steps above: marking the start of the range can be done by
    a) Clicking on the layer's name
    b) Clicking on the layer's editable/visible checkbox.
    So in the pic below at Step 1), my cursor may as well have been pointing to the editable/visible checkbox.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layerselection.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	22898  

Default Re: Layer Gallery - Curiousity

ahh yes the shift click range worked. That example that suggests to click the 'eye' or the 'arrow' was tricky as all the checkboxes have to be empty to start with, for that to work. The shift click was exactly what i needed - quick control of multiple certain checkboxes. Thank you both!!
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-