Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Purchase download about to expire

Yeah I got the same message..after you get the blank doc open go to help and select update and ane new screen appears close that and I believe the new totorials option to download the help files and things should get back to normal except for (maybe for stuff you added).
    At least that what happened when I had to redownload.
    Jim

Well if the CD doesn't arrive soon and we can't draw with our program of choice, we'll be sounding like we are needing our Xara fix. Like fix my program so it will open, I --- paid money for this, it isn't like I boosted it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

I think Xara released the Xtreme to the public a little premature, they didn't have enough of the bugs out and new users who downloaded and/or purchased the program may get frustated at not recieving the CD yet. and having to go through the hassle of downloading to renew the operational function of program.
    Jim

Well the new users can be frustrated, there are so many things that you shell out money for and are supposed to get a rebate, and how many times does the rebate check, not come, or you are told that they cannot send you the rebate because you did not send in the original receipt, and you can't send the orignal receipt because you mailed it in the first time. Someone out there has gotten the rebate and it wasn't you, maybe a friend of the rebate processor.

Xara, I know, isn't that way, however a brand new user will certainly feel screwed and little or no communication from Xara about ship date, just occasional adds in my email box, I feel somewhat frustrated too.

Moreover many of us didn't just buy the download, we bought the CD and we bought the book also, like me. So it doesn't feel good. I don't live in England but the U.S., in California, can't exactly get in my car and take a drive to their building and knock on the door.

I would assume that the product they have on hand for Webstyle, MenuMaker and Xara3D 6 ships promptly? There is also bundled programs and do they ship as the bundle or one at a time so at least you get something?

Not everyone may use TalkGraphics. What do they do?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

I got this same message. Waiting for my CD. I just won't use Extreme until I get the CD, if it expires. XARA1 is still on my computer, So is a bunch of other similar programs without mentioning them. GT

My XaraXtreme (2.0e) evaluated today, displayed is the message that I must install from a cd. If I buy XaraXtreme from xara.com today can I unlock it?

If yes, I will buy it otherwise I have a problem because I made some nice designs in it.

Thanks for your help.
    Rick

It's a crude solution, but one that works:

Set your PC's clock back by about a month, load Xtreme, and then set your clock back to the correct time.

To change your PC's clock, double click on the time in your system tray at the bottom right hand corner of your screen and alter the pulldown menu to read November instead of December, and then click OK.

Setting back the pc clock doesn't work, keeps displaying the message.

When I go to xara.com to the 'purchase xara xtreme' page, it says 'Instant unlock of the trial' by the cd version, that means I can instant unlock it when I have received the cd? or instantly unlock it now and receive the cd later?

gr, Rick

Sorry I misunderstood your question - I didn't realise that you were using the evaluation copy.

Yes, if you purchase online now, you will instantly get access to an unlock code through the Xara Online member login page to turn your trial into a fully working version of the program.

The confusion was from the fact that the downloaded and unlocked bought version will work only for a couple of months. After that time, you need to re-install from the CD version. I thought you had the bought version and it was asking for the CD: in that instance, setting the clock back works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unlock.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	22738  
    Last edited by Daniel; 18 December 2005 at 11:30 AM.

Ok thanks, then I am going to buy it, meanwhile I found a workaround by deleting the trial registery key.