Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Flash in the Pan

I seem to be having a problem with flash (and I don't mean down the local park ) but it only seems to be with the TalkGraphics website. I can see flash animations in any other website I visit and I have tried a few (eg http://www.bestflashanimationsite.com/) but when it comes to TG they don't work. The other strange thing is that on TG pages which I have saved previously, the animations work....for instance Gmans Avatar 'animates'. Can anyone enlighten me as to this strange phenomenon ? I am using Firefox but get this problem in I.E. 6 too.

P.s. Check out the Deep Fried Live.....brilliant .
    Last edited by Ballpoint; 12 December 2005 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Spellcheck

Default Re: Flash in the Pan

Ballpoint
    TG dosen't accept swf (Flash) files. I know other forum do and I have requested the possibility of the same here, but no response at present.

Grafixmans avatar is an animated gif, not a Flash file.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Oh right, I should have know it was an animated gif as my avatar is too - doh ! I spent ages last night re-installing macromedias flash and the shockwave software too and didn't need to. So, please forgive my lack of knowledge here, which software do gifs use ?

BTW, thanks for your help Egg .

You can create animated gifs in Xara and Xara 3D. To create an animation in Xara, instead of clicking the 'New' icon, click the icon to it's right 'Create New Animation'.

Cheers

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Chris,

The smoke must be getting to you... gifs, jpgs and pngs should be run by the browser software. Although you can set a broswer up to use another program and that might be what is not working properly. Seen it in the past...