Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Having a slight problem with an order form with a MM on a secure server.

Bizarre thing is that the bottom 3 links are fine as soon as you move over the top 3 links (with sub-menus) the Security Warning shows.

The page is at https://4tknox.au.com/drugtest.com.au/order_form.html

Any ideas??

Hello Hollywood!

Welcome to Talkgraphics! Do you have all the items copied to the secure directory? I would guess you need to copy the xaramenu.js file to the secure server.

Hi John

Thanks for the reply and for the kind welcome!

Have copied the xaramenu to the secure server - but she still no work!

Any other ideas?

I think I might be onto something - can I somehow move or copy the animate.js file also to the secure server without damaging MM operation?

Hi Hollywood,

I do not know why you would need the animate.js file. Your page calls xaramenu.js and images/secure_menu.js. Secure directory can appear a little wierd. Depending on the server they can be a completely separate directory or appear as the root. It is a little hard to tell from this side how the server is set up.

Do you have a subdirectory in the secure directory called images with all the gifs and the secure_menu.js file? If not then the call is actually jumping to the images directory on the non-secure directory... See what I mean?

Hi John

The secure server has a unique path which is https://4tknox.au.com/drugtest.com.au/order_form.html. However the ftp path for uploading is http://www.drug.test.com.au/secure/order_form.html. Behind the "..../secure/" I also have a folder ".../secure/images/" which contains my order form gifs, MM images, xaramenu.js and secure_menu.js files. MM appears to also have another directory called "..../secure/order_form_files" which contains a "vti_cnf" directory, filelist.xml and 3 gifs image001.gif through image003.gif.

The problem only seems to occur on mouseover MM image-links to child menu items - if there is no child submenu in the main MM menu (like "contact us") the security warning does not show. As soon as mouseover "Drug Information" which has child menu items popout - the security warning appears. Most strange!

Thanks again for your help on this one.

This one might be beyond me. A mouseover/js/css flyout menu is infact a separate window which does not have the HTTPS call, thus the popup. You might have to put in an email to tech support at xara for a rewrite/patch to the xaramenu.js file. My knowledge of the inner workings of secure servers is very limited. You might have to check with a local hacker to find out more.

Hi John

Thanks again for your help. I received an interesting response from the Host. Suggested that they could create a symbolic link from the secure site to the rest of the site, in essence making the entire site secure. Regardless of where the unsecure object was it would be caught up in the net created by the link.

Sounds all a bit prone to disaster in my books so I'll take your advice -->xara tech -->hacker

If they are running a unix/linux box I would go the easy way. It is their server and if they can make work, cool. If it is a windows box... run, don't walk, do not pass go, and move the site.

Secure and microsoft are words from two different realities.

Default Re: Menu Maker and Secure Server Problem

I am having the exact same problem... I used them on a secure site and it gives me the "secure and unsecure" items warning.