Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New User checking in, deserved props.

Gary
    Neither .swf and perhaps more importantly .x3d files are supported. I have requested support for both these, but currently no progress. (I know vBulletin supports .swf as I belong to a Flash forum which allows .swf uploads)
    Egg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 07 December 2005 at 12:08 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

John,
    I like how you can zoom in and out of your flash (.swp) map. Just curious; how difficult would it be to add a zoom in/out scale tool similiar to what mapquest has, so that you wouldn't need to right-click to zoom?

Egg did it with his microscope image by being able to click on the green circle shape to zoom in/out. Would you be able to add additional images to zoom in/out at different zoom levels?

Zee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom_tool.gif 
Views:	206 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	22554  

Those are some very good examples! I am going to try my hand at alot of the xaraxone tutorials, firstly the Jan 97 champagne glass. Probably a big task for a newbie such as myself, but I like the challenge .. I did a picture for my Dad featuring a R/C plane he had just built (as this is his hobby, even builds them for other people. Right now he is working on a huge B-17), a googled airstrip, and a google speed sign I manipulated. Although this isn't the final I sent him (can't find that picture anywhere, odd). This was done in photoshop. Manipulating photo's is a favorite pastime of mine although I have run outta people to do it for and ideas I still do it every now and again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	runway2.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	22555  
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-

I've noticed a few strange things between Xtreme and Flash, but for the most part have been able to work around them.

http://sebp.bigplan.net/sdbp/client/...ets/secmap.swf

This is a link to a Flash map I created with some of the orignal art provided from the client in Illustrator. I only have an older version of Illustrator, so had to have an app to modify and add new elements to the map, then port it over to Flash. I then scripted the interactive parts, moving, zooming and turning on and off bus routes.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Now that is a nice example! Man-o-man.. detail mixed with attention to detail with interactiveness.. Way kewl!
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-

Hi Zee,

That flash map is pretty durn old and has been replaced on the site by a .pdf map. I found that most people to not have a 'puter in there car, so most maps are printed... I have to update that map soon. Before the rally at least.

Hey Redwombat...

Recognized your map right away... spent 10 years exiled at Lowry. BTW, very nice flash map.

Red
    Wow, thats some Flash map! It must have taken you an enternity to create.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well I finally completed my first tutorial (Jan 97), kinda skipped a couple :P.. Which I posted in the Xara Gallery . Other than picking and choosing is there an order to the tutorials? Order as in - you need to learn these things so do these tutorials first so that you can do these next set of tutorials next, that type of thing..

This Jan 97 tutorial was a challenging tutorial as there was sometimes I was like - huh? Do what, where? And felt as though there was a step missing or a certain explanation hurried along. No disrespect intended towards the maker, by any means (shoot, without those tutorials I'd be up a certain creek without a paddle), just pointing out my experience is all.

Overall, it was fun and I did learn a thing or 2 so it was a productive tutorial. I learned the difference when doing certain combine shape methods as to which does what and the benefits. I learned how I can manipulate shapes to suit my needs after I convert them to editable shapes. I learned (somewhat, still having problems here but I got the basic concept) the difference and when to use graded fills vs graded transparencies.

Doh, can't tell I do blogs alot can ya? LOL.. okies enough for now, -waves-.
    Last edited by x_ACE_x; 08 December 2005 at 05:30 AM.
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-

Hi Ace,

I always suggest watching the videos, which are enough to let a graphics person hit the ground running. If you need a wittle more help, Gary has the workbooks which tackle simpler, more basic concepts. The tutorials can be anywhere from basic to very experienced. Why do you think us ole timers read em every month. There is always a new tip or trick, we either never pwayed with. Or forgot...

Aye John, I have watched pretty much all the videos (minus the ones I figure I could do like change colors and such). So you're next suggestion would be to do the workbooks first, then the tutorial? Guess I'll have to look at them closer, I opened a couple and they seemed like pages from a manual, didn't see 'follow along and try this' type stuff in em, but like i said will look through them all more closely .. Thank you for the tip ..
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-