Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Waiting up for Santa

Very nice, Sally.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Looks like you got a winner here Sally.
    Nice picture and wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Great pictures here Sally. You really have some excellent pictures on here and some great tips on the other forums, thanks .

Can't say you don't post a variety of themes. A child sleeping with a teddy bear, waiting for Santa and - War of the Worlds!

Nice work on both.

-Bob.

So I am Marry Poppins with a side of Attila the Hun.

I like variety. In my work, I have to be a Jack of All Trades. Not everyone changes horses the way I do, but each of us has our niche whether we specialize like you do, Bob, or do like me: take a dabble at something.

Mainly I let my doodles take me places. With the "Waiting Up for Santa" picture I wasn't trying to be "Bob Hahn" but I hope you won't mind anyway. I love your work. Very sweet. I, am bittersweet. More like "Berty Bott's Every Flavor Bean", sometimes you get earwax.

With the doodle that the bear started out to be I was exploring textures. I found that the Ponitilze filter was very nice, had a childlike quality to it and decided to go with it.

I havent' had the money to take as much college as I would have liked due to finances and also now I am tired when I get home from work. So I have learned on my own by the seat of my pants (dresses were given up long time ago, I only dig them out for special occasions when I want to remember what it feels like to be a girl).

This is one of the few forums I have let fly my real full name. I often have used an alias. But the real me is artistic, so what the hey.

Some of my early jobs I had to make what were apparent clones of other artists work so that the illustrations we were producing for catalogues would be consistent, it wasn't plagery, it was business as usual. And working for Lockheed was not much different. You learn to be a good mime. Grafixman has sometimes said he cannot find his genre of work. I guess I am like that, but my three kids keep up some pretty tall challenges, like doing engines or weird interfaces for the net, drawing cars and guitars, all their interests, of which I haven't posted my older work. Maybe I should do that in the non-Xara gallery.

Anyway, Bob, thanks for the compliment.

This is very good Sally! Looks like something I would see in the card section of a store .
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-

Sally, I just chime in with the others. This is nice and
    touching. Thank you.

Ken

Kman: You have given so much in the wonderful brushes you create, would be great fun to make a Xara Christmas tree, incorporate everyone's ornaments and then make garlands of the brushes. You have one which is like popcorn. Then animate the twinkling lights. And make a variety wallpaper in the background for the rest of them. Going to be a very big picture.

I am going to have bags under my eyes. Sounds great but it is Christmas, no time for too many extended projects.

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode
    ... make a Xara Christmas tree, incorporate everyone's ornaments ...
    Now that would be a kewl idea Sally. Have all the regulars or all that want to participate make their own personal ornament to go on a Xara-wide Xmas tree.
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-

I threw an ornament up here lately I think?