Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Alpha problem on slice export

I'm having a problem with the slice/export tool. Everything works perfectly, apart from transparency. When transparency is selected, the whole image disappears - as if it's all becoming transparent! I've tried jiggling the Guides layer up and down, changing page colour, manually selecting the transparency colour, and GIF & PNG at 8 and 24bit. The resulting image if I do export is all white, but with the correct palette defined. I've attached a simple example, I'd be grateful if someone could take a look to see what they can see.

Thanks,

Tim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Exclamation Alpha Does Not Work On Png Export

This happens consistently on two XP computers, on BOTH X1 and Xtreme,
    SINCE Xtreme was installed alongside X1, for testing and upgrade.

Frame objects with a rectangle, try to 1. Create Bitmap Copy or 2. Export to PNG. DOES NOT WORK AT ALL if you select True color+Alpha. You get the top, empty, framing rectangle. If you skip Alpha and select Truecolor only, the frame rectangle correctly shows underlying objects cut and "framed". I need the Alpha.

I uninstalled and re-installed Xtreme a few times, restored the systems a few times, and wasted many hours in the process, at a great loss to my work.
    I will now clean the registry, install X1 back, or move it all to a third, clean computer.

I am guessing it must be Xtreme messing the registry somehow.

Very bad. Please provide a fix.

Default Re: Alpha problem on slice export

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

I tried the file included in the first entry in this thread....and it just won't work. Same problem as the author discribes, but when I erased that file and tried the same on my own file, it works. No problem. Something is wrong at your end I'd say. The problem came along with the file you sent...something in the way you have set up the document...like you can define how thick a line will be when you draw a circle or square? Called "current attributes".

Would try it again, and look through the attributes.....but as the problem hasn't seemed to transfer itself to my computer yet, I will leave it. My computer is still clean and the risk is too high.... WINK...SMILE...SORRY

That's very helpful, thankyou. At least I know the problem is potentially solvable, so it's worth persisting to see if I can find a solution. Could someone attach a blank document for me to compare against?

Thanks,

Tim

Made a blank document....just opened a "New" and saved it....if that is what you meant...give it a try....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unfortunately that blank document is not working for me either. I did a fresh install on another PC which has never had Xara installed and have the same result. Any chance of a file set up with a simple slice (that works OK) for me to try? It's pretty odd, because if I export a non sliced object the transparency works fine.

Tim

Gary Priester's XaraXone has the Workbook and WebXealot that explain how the features work in Xara X through Xara Xtreme. For Slicing there is

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/xe...tml/page_7.htm
    and
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook33/page_5.htm
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nicolae

Frame objects with a rectangle, try to 1. Create Bitmap Copy or 2. Export to PNG. DOES NOT WORK AT ALL if you select True color+Alpha. You get the top, empty, framing rectangle. If you skip Alpha and select Truecolor only, the frame rectangle correctly shows underlying objects cut and "framed". I need the Alpha.
    Are you sure that you are:
    1: Using a rectangle with no fill & no line colour?
    2: Selecting ALL the objects inside the rectangle, as well as the rectangle itself, before you choose True color+Alpha?

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It's OK when I completely overlap the slice rectangle over the object beneath, the problem only occurs when the rectangle hangs over the edge. "Why would you want to do that?" I hear you ask, I'm actually trying to perform what should be the rather mundane task of cutting out some rounded corners for a website. I'd be grateful if someone else could try this, and if it works post the file to this thread so I can see what happens this end.

Thanks,

Tim