Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Docking Galleries

Is there any way to prevent the Galleries from docking?

When I open a Gallery (any one of them will do) I have to make sure I don't drag it to within an inch of the side of the screen, if I get to close the Gallery will dock and the only way to undock or even close it again, is by uninstalling/reinstalling Xtreme, any attempt to drag it away from the edge just docks the Gallery the another side of the screen.

For the time being I use XX1 again, and will probably keep on using it if this autodocking turns out to be a feature.

Default Re: Docking Galleries

You should be able to undock, so it sounds like there's a specific problem for you. However hold down Ctrl when dragging a gallery. That tells Xtreme not to dock it.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

The CTRL even allows lockadocked Galleries to escape, couldn't find that option in the helpfiles.

Looks like Xara will survive year 11 on my PC afterall

Don't give up on Xtreme just yet :-)

Drag the title bar of the docked gallery to the center of the page and then click the X to close the gallery. Next time you open the gallery, it should be in the same place.

Gary

i suggest they just make it an option in the preferences menu- dockable galleries or not.
    i dislike the dockability :P no offense

RoNC

I think that's a valid idea!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Excellent tip, now I'll pay for the upgrade. Although the option to dock would be the real answer.
    Now does anyone have a plugin for DXF files in/ex-port. All I need is to get lines/text/curves and circles to and from my CAD packages.

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943
    i suggest they just make it an option in the preferences menu- dockable galleries or not.
    I'm with you, Ron. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to put galleries where we want them.

You know a lite version of Xtreme and one for power users with the added bells and whistles, spot color, and anything else trimmed out from X1, I too would pay extra for. I do need to use spot color. I really do love Xara, I have to use CorelDRAW at work, if I could use Xara for all of it instead, I'd really be thankful.

There are other things that would be appreciated too, like duplicate and rotate is very useful, an eraser tool, an envelope tool which can use more than a four-sided object as the mould, well, I can dream.

Improved .pdf handling too, but I do have Acrobat Professional, still its nice to wish.

The docking galleries haven't been bothering me, I launch them or turn them off, it is the ability to draw what I like without the interference of the interface that means the most to me.
    Last edited by sallybode; 25 November 2005 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Creative spelling