Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default KPT Collection - with Corel?

Hey just wondering about the KPT Collection - it looks really awesome - but I'm using the CorelDraw Graphics Suite 12 - I'm getting the idea that its only for Adobe Photoshop - tell me it's not true! Is there anything comparable for Corel Draw users?
    IP

Default Re: KPT Collection - with Corel?

You should be able to use the KPT Collection with Corel PhotoPaint, as it supports Photoshop plugins...
    IP

... and this from the Corel site KPT system requirements. Strange that they don't mention their own product next to Adobe PS in the S.R. list.
    I haven't purchased beyond Corel Suite 8 and all the KPT filters work with this version,.. never tried it in Draw mind you (don't see the point in a vector environment), only in Photopaint 8. They didn't install directly to a plugins folder by default, I had to point PPaint to them through the tools\options dialog. Not sure if CDraw V12 still has to do the same song and dance search though.

Wayne
    IP

You don't have to used PhotoPaint to use the filters, but you have to create a bitmap in DRAW to use them, then the grayed out filters will work.

The filters are really neat but RAM hungry.

Save before playing, and in between, they can crash because the require lots of computing power.
    IP

so, you have KPT filters? Do you like to use them? Or is there something better, or more practical - "RAM" hungry - if you apply them to a project - is it going to make the final copy bigger? - MB of course = you know what I mean?
    IP

If you have an image which is 300 dpi, it will remain 300 dpi, the filter does not increase the height or width or dpi.

The computing power is greater the larger the image is. If you are doing work on a web image and your output is 72 or 96dpi, then you are not going to be using nearly the amount of power required to do all the calculations for an effect at 300 dpi.

For fun experimenting, use 72 dpi or 96 dpi for experimenting. Then if it is for print, you do the same thing to achieve the effect, but once at 300 dpi, that way you have the resources you need for your computer and it won't shut down.

I have actually had great luck with 12 not bugging out on me, but I go an do something else while it calculates. I have rarely lost a file. But it is still good advice to save before using any filter.

And the filters are way cool. There are loads of effects that come with it.
    IP