Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone not getting assistance from XARA

Post your beefs here.

I will start. I have had a ticket open for 23 days. No reply other than the automated reply.
    You would presume that they would realize that some people use this software for develpment, and time is money

After enough people list their complaints here, I will email them this URL.

Default Re: Anyone not getting assistance from XARA

confoosed,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Have you tried this forum for your actual "issue"? I'm not a Webstyle expert but perhaps someone here will be able to give you a hand?

I know that Xara Ltd. is in the final stages of completing/releasing Xara X, so perhaps they are a little bit backed up? (I don't know...)

In general, this forum is not for grievences in regards to support tickets, but to talk about Webstyle directly.
    Last edited by RTK; 23 November 2005 at 01:31 PM.

I recently changed my ISP, it happened to be between "question and answer". I went to Xara site and changed my email address. I still have my old one and received their last answer. The answer was wrong and was not even answering the question. I then replied with a "you didn't answer the question e-mail and explained the problem again. I then got an email back that had as a Title and content that says:

RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
    for the creation of a new user for your email.

Xara website has my new email aaddress and Registry XMUPLOAD holds my new email address.

I will state the problem...and its a good one:

1) I loaded a webpage (Eyeline Theme) fooled with the colors on the Nav Bar

2) Never saved the color change to a project or back to harddrive.

3) Next day I decide to open same theme and NavBar has totally different colours from factory settings.

4) I highlight Nav Bar and right click and remove all edits and the theme goes back to normal

5) The thing that concerned me was that the NavBar seemed to double load so decided because I had a problem with a double load of a NavBar before to save my existing projects and remove Xara and reload.

6) I have done this before, so know how to completely remove Xara.

7) I completely do a reload, then download the templates.

8) I do not install my projects so that there is no cross contamination

8) I load the Eyeline theme and there are the same screwed up colors that I never chose.

9) The disc is original and has never been written too.

10) The load of eyeline doesn't say " you have used this theme before do you wish to import your colors" or anything like that, so its not finding a reference to these colors on my computer.

11) So I have asked how to correct it

12) Xara responds with everything but a clear answer. The closest they have got to one is to tell me to right click and remove all edits.

What I want to know is where is it getting the colors from in the first place, I never selcted them, at all.

Eyeline is Red menu's with a grey highlight. red/grey button. When happens at open is a grey menu Blue highlight with a red/grey button and it appears to be loading it over the original, because of the double load. The double load is what I am afraid of, I had a menu somehow on a menu in a previous project. When I saved the navbar. Some web pages would display the old Nav bar others the new one. If I hit refresh 3 or 4 times on a page with a bag NavBar, it would all of a sudden switch to the right one.

23 days before I switched ISPs now more time has passed and still no answer. There is obviously something that is telling Webstyle to load the oddball colors. That must be comming from a file somewhere on my computer. I have ensured that all the places where I keep web pages is empty, saved all my projects on a disc. And wiped any reference to Xara off of this machine including the registry.

I reload everything except my webpages, projects or anything else and the NavBar comes up wrong, off of the factory disc.

Whats really nerve wracking is I go into Eyeline theme in Templates and open up the HTML pages and they have the right colours.

Go for it if you can figure it out, I will be very grateful.

Before you ask, I use MYWeb Pages directory only. When I delete Xara, I wipe out the entire directory and sub directory. I then go in and delte all referneces to Xara in the Registry.

When I go to boot the factory disc, there is no project on the computer and no HTM proect files on the computer, no xara.js's, no anything.

yet...I load the new copy and its blue/grey.

I take the Disc to another computer, load it and the menu is red/grey

Have fun.

i dont get this problem. When i select the navbar eyeline_hnavbar_off i am initially shown the copy theme dialog which allows me to apply the properties of my last export of this navbar to the current navbar. I select dont copy and this allows the correct defualt navbar to load.

One thing you could try is deleting the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Xara\Webstyle 4

Alot of people don't realize that all the projects and all edits are saved in your user's local settings as well, uninstalling Xara and deleting Xara-created folders will not delete the files and settings related to your user. You can dig in \Documents and Settings\$User$\Local Settings\Application Data\Xara or \Documents and Settngs\$User$\Application Data\Xara\
    and other folders which will be obvious to you and you will see. Be careful what you move or delete if you don't want to lose project info. By the way, why am I doing Xara support's job for them?