Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vector tracing

Default Re: Vector tracing

Isn't that what I've just been doing John?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I would call that the hard way myself Egg... Why draw a shape that looks like a line, then break shape etc etc... just draw it, convert line to shape, add shape and export as a .swf... simple sweet... No extra steps...

I guess it is a case of you take the hard road, and I will take the express...

Sorry John,
    Still not with you. How about an example?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Isn't swf a Flash file? Now I'm really confused. Willy

Willy,
    swf is Flash's native movie file type. XaraX and Xara3D can export as swf files.
    If I create a drawing in Xara and want to import it into Flash, I export it as a swf, then just import it into Fash
    Egg
    Egg

Willy, the logo doesn't belong to me nor did I create it. It's the property of the that hockey team and yes, it is a nice one. It's part of a self indulgent project which I basically trace all of the NHL logos for kicks and personal use.... so I've done my share of this sort of thing.

Egg, when I thought of putting my 2 cents in here, there were no replies to this thread. I usually go offline (dial-up) and work out a response, then re-connect and post. I saw your responses and posted anyway because I thought layers would help. Nonetheless, sorry for breaking up your extended tutorial.

Converting lines to shape is part of my workflow as well, especially stroke line profiles. They make quick work of basic shapes that don't require a ground up approach to building and saves much time... a total bonus of convenience when exporting to flash. Flash is a whole other topic and having seen Egg's flash material over the years, he is of the same school of optimizing files size output by re-using vectors through instances within flash. It's an intuition that comes with knowing your software with a grasp on how vectors behave... but now I'm blubbering on.

Good work Egg, and have fun Willy.

Wayne