Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vector tracing

Default Re: Vector tracing

Wow, this thread filled up quick...

After looking a logo over for the best way to rebuild it, I block in my shapes and layer them. Though you can use a single layer (it has its own hierarchy), this can be cumbersome and aggravating to keep the shapes organised in a stacking order.

For the most part, you should use the layer gallery. This may answer what I think is your question of "filling" shapes... as long as they're closed paths. Then build from the bottom up placing one or a series of shapes (or stages of your drawing) onto its own layer.
    Hope this helps.

Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers2.gif 
Views:	223 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	22051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sabres.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	22052  

Last edited by Broon; 15 November 2005 at 03:31 PM. Reason: wrong attachment

Tut 4

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	222 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	22053  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you. Did a job awhile back and forgot to set it up on layers, It was definitly a pain to say the least. Willy

Hey Egg! Thanks for the tut. I appreciate the time you took and I'm definitely switching to do it that way. Thanks again, Willy

Tut 5

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	210 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	22056  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Wayne
    I agree totaly re using Layers, it's a must as far as I'm concerned.

Willy
    You're more than welcome.

General notes to anyone whose interested.

1: Why "create a line / convert to shape" instead of just "creating the shape and giving it a line width"? I export to Flash a lot and I avoid using lines like the plague. Secondly I also do a bit of work that is required for Vynil Cutting. The Line Width is meaningless in this case, and the method above is the only way to do this type of work.

2: Why the constant grouping and aligning to an outer circle? I often find that a scanned image is not 100% true (as was the case with Willy's bitmap). Rather than trace the Bitmap blindly, I prefer this centreing method, trusting Xara to give me the correct symetry.

Egg
    Egg

That's where this is going-to my sign man to print on vinyl. I agree about the picture of the embroidered patch was not symmetrical, didn't notice it till I saw your overlays. You did the whole thing in less time then it took me to trace the first outlines that I posted. Thank a lot and it's back to the drawing tablet for me, Willy

Hey Broon! That is definitely a cool logo, I've got a long way to go. Thanks again, Willy

Your inputs, Egg and Broon, were great !

And Willy, I find myself constantly learning, by experimenration
    and by the kind help from the folks here.

Ken

Hey Egg,

Ever think of drawing the lines, then coverting lines to shapes? Before you send it to flash... Works great for me...

Name:	upload1.gif 
Views:	185 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	22072