Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Color Change warning/edit problem

I decided I would fool with the colors that Incubus Theme uses. It gave me the normal warnings about how these changes would affect the project. I went ahead and attempted a number of changes and decided I would go back to the original colors.

WRONG! I loaded the original template, and colors that I had never chosen seemed to supercede the original template colours. The load looked funny. I selected the Template, the template would appear, then all of a sudden the hour glass appeared and the menu flashed twice.

I thought perhaps it was a "project file" that had remembered some convoluted combination of colours, so I deleted the project and deleted the Project folder in Zara. No diference! So I deleted the folder on C drive where I was keeping the changed color template, NO Difference!

Now whenever I attempt to load the original template it goes thru this hour glass routine and whenever I attempt to edit the nav bar, its says "linked to javascript" and does not allow me to proceed.

In a previous post a person was mentioning that he could not edit banner ads that were complimentary in Webstyle. Well I went to a banner ad and attempted to add it to this template with the farked up colours and sure enough, It won't let me edit the banner ad either.

So this may be his/her problem. Did you change the colors of the original template? I know that sounds stupid, after all thats what this software is supposed to provide, but it seems like I have myself locked up here and will have to reload Webstyle to clear out whatever is wrong.

Remember- if you do decide to reload, always copy any folders that are labelled (project) throughout all of xara at program files/xara/webstyle4 before reloading.
    Last edited by confoosed; 05 November 2005 at 01:03 PM.