Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Transparancy Problem

Greetings,
    I am a total novice on Version 9.01
    I basicall use the program for adding text and making image backgrounds transparent for my pages.
    At: www.equipmentpolice.com, the
    buttons in the middle of the page are the issue.
    When I attempt to make the background transparent, the area around the perimiter does not become fully transparent and at that point I have to use the cut function to clear it up entirely, which is extremly tedious and never works 100%.
    In some cases, where the background color is totally different than anything in the body of the button, it works easily; but that is rare!
    I know there is an easier way to do this!
    In the past I have hired techs to do this but having the program is kind of a waste if I keep going that route.
    Your help is much appreciated.

Jack
    IP

Default Re: Transparancy Problem

Your site has a black background. Make your buttons with a black background, so that PSP can anti-alias the edges to black. That should make them nice and smooth.

What I usually do is make a new layer and fill it with the web page's background color. Using a new layer makes it easier for me when the website's background color or image changes. PSP by default makes backgrounds white when saving to GIF format, for transparent backgrounds.
    IP