Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Two Buttons displayed in on state at once

I have two buttons dispayed in the on state at once and they will not work because of that.
    URL http://www.bettscomputers.com/applicationsoftware.htm

Default Re: Two Buttons displayed in on state at once

Hello Forum admin,
    This is not the first time I have asked about this problem. Before hand the site was in the development phase and I was waiting for a reply. Never came... How about making an effort. I really like Webstyles and appreciate the ease with which I can build a site but this is really an annoying pestilent problem which you guys just ignore. So is it just put it in the too hard basket? How about a reply. Like I said I have written about this same problem before. Lets just try a little harder.

Hello Again AnthonyF or whoever is running This,

This is the post from last time:

"One of my problems is that some of my menu items are stuck in the "on" position and will not work. Apparently there is a fix. Can someone tell me about this???!!! Very frustrating"

28 June 2005... I think that is being patient... Don't you think so. I have paid for this software in good faith. Still like it but this needs to be addressed. How about an answer this time.

Grahamb

grahamb, if you require support I suggest you contact Xara support:

http://www.xara.com/support/webstyle

TalkGraphics.com is for for users to discuss various software programs.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Had this problem too.

I cannot state for sure that I know the answer, but I will try. Yo won't like the answer.

I built a "Home page" did some fiddling in Frontpage, imported pictures, fiddled with some HTML code and changed some button functions in Frontpage. The last part was the killer, I believe.

So the rule I use now is don't fool with Hyperlinks in Frontpage, if you need to change links import back into Xara, do the changes and save the page. That updates al your Hyperlinks on all your pages for your entire website if associated with the Nav Bar.

What I did was I wanted one page to have a different button set in the Nav Bar then al other pages. So to avoid having all the pages change, I saved in in a different project name. Then when fooling back and forth I ended up resaving it in the real project folder. Voila- Two button bars on one page doing two different things, one superimposed on the other. Net result- no result.

Solution- (the part you won't like) you have to start all over again.

What I have learned so far is that Xara software is "superb". It however cannot forsee what a person like me with limited skills will try to do to it. I found the easiest way to learn is to plan ahead (something totally foreign to me) What that means is. Build your Home page, produce ALL of your hyperlinks for ALL of your pages on your home page. Then save clones of your home page as a new page. Change the graphics as needed.

Then when you are all finished your entire structure and need to change Nav Bars on one page, do that totally independantly of the project whole. Go in to Xara Nav Bars drag a bar out customize it, and then insert the nav bar into the single page. Delete the old Nav Bar and everything seems to work as long as you do not open that page fool with the Nav Bar and save the page, because somehow Webstyle thinks that it should update all Nav Bars when you save the page. That gets you in rare cases two Nav-Bars superimposed one on top of the other (and you can see them loading) and both don't work.

Hopefully you understand what I am saying, and "hopefully the analysis is right", but that is the only explanation I could come up with and I ain't no Pro, believe me!